Wonded Hearthlings behaving wierdly

Got quite unlucky with repeatedly enemy spawns on day 10 and 11 of normal difficulty, got attacked 3 days in a row and to top it of a total of 4 wolfs spawned on top of my trapper. Ended up with 2 footmans, trapper and few hearthlings wounded with all 4 intensities.

When I managed to flee back to town, the hearthlings started to present behave issues. One footman tried to prioritize an already owned comfy bed instead of her owned mean bed. When I assigned her to a new comfy bed she kept sleeping in the other persons bed. Noticed as well the hearthlings twitching in and out of the beds a lot, like if they want to stay in bed but the game was forcing them to get up to work/eat.

On the (Scratched) they sleep time was quite small and the herbalist didn’t had enough time to heal them properly. This happened between the fights. Footmans ware not being healed due their sleep schedule being to fast and synchronized with the herbalists sleeping and eating schedules.

Problems that I encountered here:

• Strong enemies spawning, far away from the town but, very close to a hearthling.
  • Inability to move one single non-footman hearthling out of the danger. (Had to use town defense mode which stopped all other tasks in town)
  • Herbalist not healing wounded due sleep schedule being too fast and/or synchronized with herbalists schedule. Aka: Herbalist not prioritizing the healing.
  • Wounded Hearthlings ignoring bed claims.
  • Wounded Hearthlings tasks conflicting causing animation problem.

This is by design, I think. For incapacitated hearthlings, they will rescue them and bring them to their owned beds (if any) but wounded hearthlings choose to go to the nearest bed (in order to get treated asap).

They only get up from bed to eat (sometimes to go sleep to their own beds if they were resting in a different one). Also if you call town alert I think they get up too (unless they’re recovering from incapacitation).
But if they reach certain health threshold while they are out of the bed, they won’t go lie down to get treated again.

Herbalists have a bug that they won’t heal once the treated debuff has gone away even if they have to, and it’s one of our top priority bugs to fix. But I agree the injured/healing thresholds might make some behaviors look weird.

What animation problem are you seeing? Is something glitched? Or is it that they try to get up and instantly lie down on the bed, or something like that?

This must be caused by the spawning code. Enemies spawn in a range around your town. There’s danger in sending a hearthling far from your town, but we’re open to suggestions.

Sounds a bit micromanaging, I’ll ping @Brackhar for thoughts.

3 Likes

Herbalists have a bug that they won’t heal once the treated debuff has gone away even if they have to, and it’s one of our top priority bugs to fix. But I agree the injured/healing thresholds might make some behaviors look weird.

Nice! I hope this get fixed soon.
But at the first time the hearthling was not treated. While the wounded was sleeping the herbalist was eating or sleeping was well. And the wounded (scratched) didn’t slept long enough for the herbalist to treat her.

What animation problem are you seeing? Is something glitched? Or is it that they try to get up and instantly lie down on the bed, or something like that?

The hearthling “teleports” repeatedly between the laid on bed and the standing (close to the bed) animations. Or maybe going from the first straight to the last frame in the “laying on bed” animation. I wish I had some way to show it. Happened when the hearthling was laying on an other’s owned bed and in a non owned bed as well. Didn’t seem to occur with the hearthling’s bed.

Thanks for the response! I will try to get some footage of the animation bug, then I will post it here.

He didn’t have the bed ridden debuff and was simply sleeping. If health is below 50% they will go find a bed to rest. But it they get up for whatever reason and the percentage is higher at that time, they won’t return to the bed. Also, if they’re resting from injuries (not coming from incapacitation) they will get up once they reach 85% of health. Only a cleric will heal them if they’re not in bed.
These percentages feel weird sometimes. I hope we can review them at some point. :confused:

1 Like