What have you been up to?

Hey guys,

Been a long while since I came around. Truth be-told when I started modding all the great people here were so encouraging and the staff so awesome that it triggered something in me. So I started to look to how I could make my own games. I discovered unity in all its greatness and have now started a blog where I post tutorials ect. Figured I would share it here and thank you all for the awesomeness that is this community. My first tutorial is on using perlin noise for civ style maps.

So what have you all been up to lately?

3 Likes

well… lots certainty has happened, nothing that i can think of right off the bat though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i definitely will be checking out your blog.

1 Like

That tutorial. Building up to a fully 3D voxel map?

Yes, but the way im building it is better for top down perspective than the minecraft method, which is defiantly considered the best for 1st person. Also my scale is a little different as I am thinking a city per tile with this tutorial. Once this part of the series is finished thinking of showing how to make star maps and space maps with perlin noise, but that’s a while off yet.

2 Likes

[quote=“Wombat85, post:4, topic:14161”]
Once this part of the series is finished thinking of showing how to make star maps and space maps with perlin noise
[/quote]oooh! sounds exciting!

you got me all excited for nothing :wink:

guess i’ll have something to look forward to though:smile:

1 Like

to something like the space stage in Spore?

I was thinking more like endless space, but I could do a special one at the end where I do something similar to spore. Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes