What computer should i get

where do i build it @LordNevs

my only concern is with setting the processorā€¦ Iā€™m ok with everything else, even clean cable managementā€¦

Yeah that is the only ā€œhigh stakesā€ bit. Just make sure you know which way to put it in, be gentle but donā€™t freak out. God knows I freak out every time I put mine in. Iā€™m shaking like itā€™s 0F outside or something. But it is so satisfying when you get it in right.

Personally, the Cyberpower I have is pretty great, but I donā€™t know diddly squat about computers, but Iā€™m thinking about building my own next time, I like the 6-core I have, so next time I think Iā€™ll get 6 or 8 core, and having a big power supply is important, as Iā€™m sure there are many more important things about computers.

@PyreStarite Hate to rain on your parade butā€¦ Having multiple cores does not directly correlate with speed. An 8 core AMD processor running at 4.0GHZ runs worse than an Intel i5 with 4 cores running at 3.2GHZ, Thats computers for you!

@Gridnick

Uh. Wherever you want. I am not sure if you are understanding what ā€œBuild your own PCā€ means here. You go on amazon, newegg, tigerdirect, or whatever website you prefer. Order your parts. Have them sent to your house, and then you put the PC together yourself. This sounds like it is very difficult but I can assure you, it is not.

aside from the nerve-wracking, heavy-breathing inducing seating of your processorā€¦ yes, it really is quite simpleā€¦ :smile:

1 Like