What are some of your favorite anime series?

Sorry to revive yet another dead topic… but my favourite Anime series are:

• Fairy Tail
  • Sword Art Online
  • Ao No Exorcist

Attack On Titan was good too… but those three are my absolute favorite.

1 Like

With certain topics it is ok. Right now I have been watching Kill la Kill. I know I have no taste but when the hell will the next episode of AOT come out!!!

I’m not a huge fan of anime, as in, I only really watch it once I accidentally change to that anime channel here and even then it’s most likely just one or two episodes. There’s been, “recently”, two that caught my eye however.

One of them is Angel Beats. Although only 14 episodes long because it was cut half in production, it’s a brilliant series. There are times where it feels a bit rushed, but they’re trying to fill the holes using a still on-going manga and soon a visual novel. It’s working.

The topic is a bit dark (involving life, death and to some extent the reason for it all) and it can make you… feel things (shudder) but that is part of the appeal. The soundtrack is brilliant (one of my favourites from it) and the story is very well written, with foreshadowing everywhere, including the title, the intro and the credits - that you likely won’t notice (or rather, understand) until you watch it again. Or a third time… I would recommend, however, going for the original dub/English sub as the English dub was done in an unloving manner.

The other one would be Sword Art Online, that had a very interesting idea but its execution was… err, I’m not too sure that I’ve liked it. I’m not a huge fan of fan service though and SAO had… a lot. Way too much, in my opinion, especially towards the end. It started out pretty okay and got worse as the series went on.

The story, minus all the “I’ve seen enough Hentai to know where this is going” stuff, was okay though. The idea is very interesting and that’s about it…

Watch the last episode of Highschool of the dead and you will know the true meaning of fan service.

I’ll add it to my list of things that I won’t do!

You know. Even if writing is small, you can still read it. I suggest watching it. It is HILARIOUS!!!

just gonna say: Marai Nikki/future diary.
it’s pretty dark and violent but epic

Whats it about? Don’t be tricking me into some Hentai crap. It was bad enough with Order Of The Stick.

it’s about a boy with no social life (exempt his imaginary friend Deus Ex Machina who the god of time and space) who writes a diary about everything that happens around him suddenly his mobile begins to write things down before he writes it himself. and he gets thrown into a game about life and death started by Deus Ex Machina about killing all other people with the same type of phone (thats 12 people) the winner gets to be god/Deus Ex Machina

The creepiest part i won’t tell you :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m,currently watching:
Log Horizon, Nagi no Asukara, Nourin, Strike the Blood, and Tonari no Seki-kun
(all of which are ongoing)

Continuing the discussion from Map Game Deluxe: Discussion Thread:
This is the thread for anime discussion, use this instead of the main forums please!
Also we should compile a list of the best animes.

So which one should I start with? Also can I have a link to it?

[quote=“zippy611, post:1, topic:8191”]
a list of the best animes.[/quote]
THIS will bring war to the discourse :slight_smile:

[quote=“Nicedude80, post:2, topic:8191”]
So which one should I start with?[/quote]
The better question - Which themes and genres do you like? :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully just between everyone from the mapgame thread that I brought with me…

1 Like

Oooo, that’d be fun, More War! :smile:

best in my book

R.O.D. (read or die)
Log Horizon
Beyond the boundary
kokoro connect
shin sekai yori (from the new world)
k-on
minami-ke
steins;gate
tsubasa chronicles
trigun

and many more that I can’t decide to put in list or keep them out to keep it small

I really need to make a list for top animes of each genre anime

best official source for anime on the net hands down

Not to violent, but funny.

Trigun, that’s a good one. Funny and a little action. Warning little drama a bit farther in.

Trigun - Episode 1 - DVD [Remastered] - English Dub - YouTube (Just test to see If you like it.)

Damned. All the funny ones I know are bloody violent :smiley:

Time to get addicted to Log Horizon…