What are some of your favorite anime series?

There isn’t anything as THE best place for watching anime

and @Rybilton, scroll up :wink:

Sword Art Online
Better Love Story than Twilight

1 Like

im really enjoying the series… and have already been chastised for not watching last air bender first… :smile:

1 Like

Not sure if any of these have been mentioned, but I really enjoyed Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan is good (but I’m not caught up yet), Black Butler is good (currently watching Season 2) and Dangan Ronpa (although for that I would say DO NOT watch the anime. Read an LP. The anime looses so much of the context and mystery and investigating aspects).

thanks, i’ve seen this mentioned a few times now… suppose i should give it a go! :+1:

So I read most of this thread and hope I don’t double suggest anything. I have watched quite a bit of anime but if the art style or storytelling rubs me wrong I will often just stop and move on. Th list of anime I would suggest is very small.

FMA: Brotherhood
I didn’t like the original series much. I think the way they told the story felt off to me. Brotherhood I watched with my wife all the way through though. I thought it was ok, but my wife loves it.

Samurai Champloo
This is part of a three way tie as one of my favorites. Its an action/drama based in chinese history. Not strict history though.

Ergo Proxy
The art and the way the story was told were amazing. I can be hard to follow but it all comes together before it’s over.

Gundam 00
I am not a Gundam fan. Every other Gundam series I have ever seen was uninteresting and was not my style in any way. Whatever they changed to make this one I wish there was more. Two seasons and a movie of epicness. Has politics, action, and generally awesome everything.

1 Like

Give it a go, it’s an anime that takes place in the future (ends at 2025 to be specific) and a “full-dive virtual reality video game”, and everybody gets trapped in the game, and the same
"beat the game to get out" and “if you die in the game, you die in real life” jazz
but it’s really good, and as I’ve said again…
Sword Art Online
Better Love Story than Twilight
so expect romance

My friend just informed me today that season two of the SAO anime is in the works? I haven’t really had the time to check, but if its true, then I am excite.

Even though it may seem kinda odd given the genre, this series gave me MASSIVE feels.

I haven’t heard of this season THREE if that’s what you’re talking about
Unless you were reffering to episodes 15-25

they WANT to do one, its not actually in the works. I’d hold my horses if i were you.
I’m not entirely sure if i’d want a second season though, the whole fairy world arc wasn’t that appealing to me since they lost both the mid-fantasy world (dragons n’ stuff but no real magic/elves w/e) and the you have only one life which made the first part really interesting.

Well, seeing as the new season has started, i think i’ll list some animes which i think that are going to be worth watching.

First off, Unbreakable Machine-doll (Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai)
seconded by Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsui Shimashita, because who loves a short title.
and last but not least, Kill la Kill

These are the ones that i’ve seen so far that have that little something. I’m also waiting for Pupa to come out.

Edit: Oops almost forgot Strike the blood

Is SAO really worth watching? Cause a friend showed me part of an episode and all I saw was rampant fan service and people flying around using named attacks. Didn’t seem like my thing, but you can’t judge a show off a 5 minute clip.

Just finished Attack on Titan and they better make the second(third? fourth?) season. I read the manga to get caught up with whats going on. This is the greatest thing IMO since Brotherhood.

Its still worth watching, but its quite similar to death note, The first part (The mid-fantasy world) was just much better than the second half. (Those who’ve seen death note (YOU SHOULD) will know what i’m talking about)

1 Like

I’m always late.

Favorites would have to be Cowboy Bebop, Gundam 08th MS Team, Samurai Champloo, Sword Art Online, Hajime no Ippo, FMA: Brotherhood (and FMA).

Currently watching Attack on Titan and loving it. My list goes on, but those are some notables.

1 Like

Yes, you are definitely correct about those, and Attack on Titan is beastly (no pun intended). I plan on watching SOA at some point, but for now, AoT is just too good to pass up.

how about some new/currently airing series?

right now the spot for my favorite series this season is tied between Tokyo Ravens and Log Horizon.

thanks! where are these airing? i’ll see if i can tune in for a few episodes…

Crunchyroll, and I think the first episode or two of log horizon is on youtube.

1 Like

Reborn!

The Reborn! story revolves around a boy named Tsunayoshi “Tsuna” Sawada, who is chosen to become the Vongola Family’s boss due to him being the great-great-great-great grandson of the first Vongola boss, who had moved to Japan from Italy during his own time. He is told by Reborn that he will become the tenth Vongola boss. Also, the other candidates for the position of the head of the Vongola Family have died. For these reasons, Tsuna is the only remaining heir. As such, Timoteo a.k.a. “Vongola IX”, the current head of the family, sends Reborn, an infant hitman from Italy, to train Tsuna. Tsuna then unwillingly undergoes training from Reborn. Reborn’s main method of teaching Tsuna is the “Deathperate Bullet” which will make the person be “reborn” with a stronger self intent on fulfilling his dying will. Through his experiences, the initially clumsy and underachieving Tsuna unconsciously becomes stronger, more confident, and willing, which ultimately makes him better suited as the Vongola Family’s boss despite continuing to reject his Mafia inheritance.

My best of season is kill la kill by a wide margin.

you need to listen to the podtaku episode on kill la kill(what is that supposed to mean anyway?)