Thick leather vest /stockpile bug

Summary:
the Thick leather vest wont be placed in a stockpile if there isnt a single stockpile wich accepts everything. (if something is unchecked it wont accept everything). if you make 2 stockpiles, wich together will accept everything it wont be placed (see the attachements to understand it, its hard to explain) If it isnt placed in a stockpile the footman wont pick it up. the only way to fix this is to make a new stockpile and dont alter what it can accept. changing an existing stockpile to accept everything wont fix it.

Steps to reproduce:

• make a stockpile, uncheck a random material, for example thread and cloth.
  • create a thick leather vest

Expected Results:
I expected the vest to be placed in the stockpile wich accepts light armor

Actual Results:
the armor will be dropped on the ground and left alone. no interaction until a new stockpile is created and left unchanged. then it will be picked up and placed into the new stockpile and later picked up by the footman.

Notes:

• The problem is with the stockpile I think, if you uncheck something it wont accept the armor. a new one will and the armor piece will act as it should.
  • I discovered it when I tried to make specialized stockpiles for crafters
  • The problem is consistant, the fix will also always work.
  • the problem is easely fixed but you cant make specialized stockpiles anymore, or be ready to place new ones everytime. or leave one unaltered. this is also the only way to fix it. reloading wont work
    Attachments:

Here is the armor on the ground

Here are the stockpiles,

Versions and Mods:
Alpha 4 build 122
no mods

System Information:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits (6.1,build 7601)
AMD FX -8320 Eight-core ~3.5 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 7800 Series
4 GB Video

2 Likes

hey there @Oldra … nice work on the report! :smiley: :+1:

good catch, and should be very easy to reproduce…

Thx @SteveAdamo
THe bug isnt gamebreaking, but it does make specialized stockpiles less usefull

Yep, I found this bug fairly recently. You seemed to have made it far more understandable than how I explained it in my bug report. @Oldra. :stuck_out_tongue: