The Mountain Monastery of Cid (role-play, and ongoing game (Hopefully with input from the community! Lets Build the Best Monastery ever)

Alright guys, im going to embark upon a mountain, and build all my buildings from stone, While roleplaying as if my expedition is all monks who worship cid.

I will take suggestions from you guys for how to progress, and if you want a monk named after you, just tell me on the thread!

Think of it like a community game.

This Is the Expedition of West Silver, our mission , and our duty, as monks of cid is to build a monastery with which to praise him.A monestary that will glorify us in the eyes of Cid And to help bring light to The world, we came from the Original “Silver:” Another Monastery of Cid.

Update 1:

Day 3, yeah i skipped ahead a few days:

So, By orders of the head monk, we have drawn up plans for what will be the first branch of the monastery, and a dorm for our priests, .

It is made entirely of stone, stone from a mountain raised by cid himself.

This is our quarry.

(I built it using a floor trick)

We decided that we will gather stone by digging out a quarry (we have dug 4 layers so far, and have enough stone to build the first branch of the monastery, ,we are enjoying our stay, the place,we believe , is very tranquil. And we appreciate our own hard work, we belive it it brings us “closer to cid”,.The mountain is sacred, raised by cid in a time before time. He is hopefully smiling upon us as we go fourth.

We have been starving, so we stepped up trapping, we know that the food will keep coming in, for this is a holy place, and cid, we know, will help sustain us. Praise Cid.

You guys suggest what I do, and I will do it, and roleplay it. Feel very free to roleplay as-well. (and yes we can still build from wood if you wnat, (there are trees on the mountain),

3 Likes

What are the hearthlings called…

Also, is it on peaceful or normal. If it is on normal then you’ll have to make a footman/paladin

2 Likes

The Monk Perdiun’ay daily thanks for the glorious life so close to nature yet at the same time to the one above, has come to believe that a courtyard should be made not with walls but archways and posts so as to provide a view to all outside yet keep a distinction between that area of true worship.
he is usually looked upon with pity for his odd mind yet tolerated and generally accepted to do as he may as he of yet seems to cause no harm

1 Like

I’ll just participate in writing a very short story that makes no sense but delivers an excellent point of drama involving sheep. Feel free to use it, or let it be. I’m just feeling silly right now.

A scream echoes through the night, bounces off the distant valleys and heads straight back to the monastery where by now every monk is widely awake. As they all rush towards the source of the nightly disturbance as
one unit, except one or two brave monks who ran into the opposite direction “to defend our backs in case it’s just a ruse from these unholy savages of Referi Jarator1”.

“What’s the meaning of this?” asked the vice executive monk of administrative requisitions2 as he stepped closer to the monk cowering on the ground.

“I-I d-don’t know… It-it happened so fast. T-there was t-this light and…”

The candle master knelt down and slowly patted the poor guy on his back. “And then wha-”

He stopped mid sentence as he felt something breathe on his neck. A warm, moist breath that ought to come from the dawn of time itself.

1 Supposedly the last of the ice giants although nobody has seen neither ice nor giants in the last thousand years.
2 Although very religious, the monks of Cid realised early what benefits could be gained from employing a proper system to name the function of each monk. In this case, the vice executive monk of administrative requisitions is responsible for reminding another monk of getting more candles in case they are about to run out.

2 Likes

I believe you can make farms on stone, though it doesn’t make any sense. Could you find some way to make a farm without breaking the story?

What about a rock farm? I’ve heard rocks contain many… minerals!

2 Likes

Update 2:

That Night:

A scream echoes through the night, bounces off the distant valleys and heads straight back to the monastery where by now every monk is widely awake. As they all rush towards the source of the nightly disturbance as
one unit, except one or two brave monks who ran into the opposite direction “to defend our backs in case it’s just a ruse from these unholy savages of Referi Jarator1”.

“What’s the meaning of this?” asked the vice executive monk of administrative requisitions as he stepped closer to the monk cowering on the ground.

“I-I d-don’t know… It-it happened so fast. T-there was t-this light and…”

The candle master knelt down and slowly patted the poor guy on his back. “And then wha-”

He stopped mid sentence as he felt something breathe on his neck. A warm, moist breath that ought to come from the dawn of time itself.

However, the candle master turned around, and nothing was there.

“There was certainly something strange going on here, but it seems to be gone now, Perdiun’ay, lets get back to bed, Cid will protect us, everything will be just fine” Said The Candle Master

Despite these calming words, both monks were clearly shaken.

They trudged off back to where the fire was, and fell back asleep.
(How strange…)

The Frightened Monk’s Name was Perdiun’ay, he is thought to have a strange mind, but he is tolerated and still accepted as a monk of Cid, for he has yet to cause any harm to anyone and he is clearly an ardent worshiper, even more then some members of the monastery.

Despite the fact that Perdiun’ay, was simply thought of as crazy by the other monks, it was decided at the daily worship service/meeting that one of the monks was to become a “Holy Paladin of Cid”,in case they were attacked by, what were described by the candle master as " Evil hungry malicious moist-breathed creatures and demons of the night" .

Midday a caravan arrived at the Monastery bearing goods for trade, they wanted stone in exchange for a Hoe, it was thought strange by the monks that a hoe would be useful to them on top of a mountain, but the monks accepted it anyway.

Just as the monks accepted it Perdiun’ay brought something up at the Midday Worship Service/ Meeting that perhaps, The courtyard should be made not with walls but with archways and posts so as to provide a view to all outside and keep a distinction between that area of true worship and the sleeping/working areas. And to embrace all those who walk by the mountain with the beauty that is our lord Cids majestic majesty. The proposal was voted on and accepted.
He also brought up that perhaps the monks could grow turnips with the new hoe, on the holy rock of the mountain, the monks voted on it and rejected that proposal, because “It made no logical sense”. Perdiun’ay was noticeably saddened by this, and trudged off to meditate.

The day went by without too much excitement, but just as night was falling, And during the evening prayer one of the monks heard the grunting of evil pagan godless creatures… Goblins.

Monk Quintor brought up that they should try to convert the goblins to the glory that is Cid, but the other monks laughed, and said “They will never convert to Cid, they are the embodiment of evil. And Cid is the embodiment of good., And goblins smell funny” After this the candle master muttered to himself “Goblins…moist breath…evil…smelly moist breath…”

WIth this the newly appointed Holy paladin Of Cid,Rushed out to defend the compound.

By the Time he got out there, the goblins had vanished, possibly to some nearby encampment, and the paladin notified the monks that the goblins had run off.This was clearly a Miracle, and the Monks had an extra prayer service that night.

That night in an effort to prove his worth Perdiun’ay woke up while the rest were distracted or sleeping… and grabbed the hoe… and prayed to cid, and began to, with the blessings of Cid, Till the mountain…

(You guys are awesome, keep posting ideas!)

What will happen Next? You decide.

6 Likes

Perdiun’ays poem

Under neath the Moon so bright
Provisions provided by Cid’s light
Candor the spirit
Idempotent In body
Discriminating taste
The guideing hand to bring forth
Protection for followers in their need
Protect me from this threat indeed

the lines are sung in various tunes and different arrangements as Perdiun’ay mumbles it under his breath as he goes about whatever he does

3 Likes

[quote=“untrustedlife, post:7, topic:8843”]
Monk Quintor brought up that they should try to convert the goblins to the glory that is Cid, but the other monks laughed
[/quote]I’d like to see some more of Monk Quintor, and his wish and attempts to convert all sorts of inhabitants to Cid. Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you get the custom names?

2 Likes

You can rename people by just clicking their names in their character sheets.

2 Likes

Not being able to get any sleep because of the goblin attack last night, one monk suddenly has an idea and wakes up his brother in Cid next to him who is rather hesitant to wake up in the middle of the night. Semisomnolent but not without a complaint that contained at least four Forbidden Words of Cid, he replies with a simple “What?”

“You’ve said that goblins smell funny, right?”
“Maybe… Look, can we talk about this to-”
“What if the Path to Leaven is not in converting the goblins?” asks the first monk again with a wide grin on his face.
“Why are you telling me this in the middle of the night? It’s not like I’m important and to be honest with you, I would like to get some sleep before-”
“We need to convert flowers!”
“…”

The silence lasted for several minutes before the second monk replied with a rather cheerful snore. Unpeturbed the other monk continued the dialogue… or well, monologue at this point.

“Goblins smell funny, flowers smell good. Goblins are, supposedly, the incarnation of all evil - so what if we recruit flowers to aid us in our quest? What we need is an alianace, a holy bond between flowers and monks.”

And so the Monastery of Cid embarks on its quest to recruit and train the first flower paladin of Cid.

6 Likes

sorry for the lack of updates over the past week guys, Ive been busy. Ill be posting my next update tomorrow ;).

2 Likes

I would love to see more of this. Maybe a monk should master the art of stone hewing. In the name of Cid of course. After all Cid was cremated on a tower brazier.

1 Like

While farming another idea blooms in Perdiun’ays mind, a vast network of tunnels intertwined vertically horizontally and diagonally up down and sideways heading to hidden exits in the woods beneath the mountain, store houses under the mountain, and many other spectacular images fly before his eyes. Perdiun’ay marks this down to be done later when such a feat is possible as well as maybe being able to use the resources extracted from the dig for the towering Edifice to Cid

1 Like

I kind of liked this bump?

This save is almost certainly long gone, but I would like to see the same sort of thing again.

Side note: Unfortunately, one can no longer simply “till the mountain”.

1 Like

Chuck Norris could…YES I went THERE