Taking Good Pictures

Does Stonehearth have a built-in keybind to get rid of the UI? I’m just wondering because I want to take some nice pictures for profile pics/desktop pictures. I know I could just crop unwanted things out, but I’m just wondering if there’s an easier way.

2 Likes

this isn’t really an answer, as I’ve never tried it myself, but have you tried ? in many games, \ hides the UI. you could also just randomly push the [];’./, buttons and hope something does something. same with the f# keys (though you might wanna save before you accidentally alt+f4)

\ is the hotkey for slice mode. Most of the controls for the game are listed here. As far as I know, there isn’t a way to get rid of the UI for now.

2 Likes

[quote=“MyCoal417, post:1, topic:16241”]
to get rid of the UI
[/quote] Maybe just MAYBE (probably not?) you could mod the game to take off the UI?

Somehow I didn’t know about \ taking away UI, even though I use it like crazy. Thanks!

@GedweyGarm Last time I tried to mod a game I ended up putting a hole in the terrain… I don’t think so! Haha, thanks though.

There is one thing you can do. You probably have noticed that, when you load a saved game, the UI takes some time to appear. Even more in long running kingdoms. But the screen already shows the kingdom and you can move using the arrow keys. You may try to take screenshots during that “grace” period! :wink: Good luck!

Have Fun, Kyth.

I believe thats what they call speedtographer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah! What about pressing F5? :laughing:
The UI always take a bit to load…

You can pause the game, look for the perfect angle, and then hit F5. Just a suggestion…

1 Like

I have found a better way and without having to hurry!
Pick the screen you want to take. Save the game. Now get out of the game and go to Steamapps/common/Stonehearth/saved_games. You will see a lot of folders with long numbers as names. Choose the last created and open it. Inside you will see a screenshot. That is your screenshot without UI. :smile:

Have fun, Kyth

3 Likes

:open_mouth: you nailed it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the post!
I’m adding screen shot functionality to the “print screen” key and also a hotkey (alt + z) to hide the UI.
hopefully it’ll make it into alpha 12.

9 Likes

Cool guys, thanks! I’ll certainly try out your idea, Kyth!

Happy to help :sunglasses:
And thanks a lot @yshan

Have fun, Kyth.

1 Like