Stream tonight with Angelo & Justin (🛠️ Let's talk mods 🛠️)

@ayazar and I will be streaming together tonight, and we thought modding as a subject would be something fun to delve into. We want to try out community mods, field discussions and questions related to coding within mods, and general engineering stuff.

If you have a mod or mod idea you’d like, it would be great to bring it to the stream tonight. If you have any specific engineering questions, comments, or discussions those would also be fun to talk about.

See you all tonight!

10 Likes

What is the twitch you stream from?

1 Like

Twitch !

2 Likes

Thanks! Also, somewhat new to the forum, so does the “team radiant” next to your name mean you’re part of the staff?

1 Like

Yup! Welcome, I’m Angelo. Going to be on stream tonight with Justin, hopefully modding up some stuff live… gonna be an interesting challenge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Alright, thanks, last question. What time zone are you guys in, so i know which tonight to start keeping an eye out for ya?

1 Like

We’ll start the stream at 6pm PST, we’re in California.

1 Like

Hyped!
That should be mighty interesting.
Some ideas immediately popping to mind:

Fresh: “Snapping” idea
Old: improving SHED to support most tracks from the game (currently only cubemitters are supported)

I’m also very interested in details about the current work on lighting system, about how the light is implemented and works within the game (consciously modding lights requires the understanding of how do Bezier curves work for brightness/radius/color of the light).

1 Like

I’d say right off the bat, use either @BrunoSupremo’s River mod or archipelago mod. After playing the same landscapes over and over again, the change in scenery really helps refresh the game, and they (I presume) dive deep into the world gen code.

Those two

Rivers mod đź—ş

Archipelago Biome mod 🏝️ (now with automatic fishing and bug fixs)

@Shinsaka’s Better Stockpiles mod is a good look at item tags and UI Finagling.

Mod

[Mod] Better Storage v1.0 [A22+]

To go with @MelOzone’s interest with the lighting system, why not @8BitCrab’s Forest Rune mod? Adds other light colors, for a new aesthetic.

Mod

[Mod] (A21) 8BitCrab's Rune Mod: V2.6

P.S. Dunno if supposed to suggest mods now or when stream starts, so I’m doing it now.

Edit: OK. The “Hide Details” thing works in my preview but not when I actually post it. Weird.

3 Likes

Try adding empty strings before and after blocks of text.

1 Like

I quit. Somehow it works with the last one, but not with the first 2. I don’t know what’s different.

1 Like

Yes Please.
(Characters)

1 Like

I would be interested in character races and weapons / armour. I find the Archer / Cleric lacking in these departments.

1 Like

Thanks for participating everyone! Justin and I are gonna do the same thing next week and I’ll take a look at some of the things in this thread so I can talk about them then.

4 Likes

It looked kinda messy at first because you weren’t aware which mods are outdated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah :sweat_smile: I just put them all on and hoped for the best!

2 Likes

So glad you’re doing this again, I felt terrible for missing the stream but what can I do when I don’t have WiFi for a week? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m kinda disappointed as most of the time people kept asking about off-topic things like building features or rts controls… (and insisting on it)… And we had just 3 or 4? questions about modding or mods… Either modders know everything already and had no questions or they were not present at all?

Thankfully the stream was super fun.

3 Likes

It may have been a combination of announcing the subject on the day of the stream, and also just me trying to not ignore questions or comments that I see. Next time we can try to be a tad more structured. Thanks!

1 Like