StoneVox - upcoming release
As a lot of you already know I've been working on a new version of StoneVox. This new version is written in an entirely different programming language then the previous and also comes along with a few other changes too.
- Better Hardware Compatibility
- Reduced .qb load time greatly
- Huge improvement in memory footprint
- Networking/Sharing (think of like building in Minecraft with friends but in StoneVox)
- And tons of other tech. things... don't mind the man behind the curtain
Really I am very excited about this new version, it is so much better than the previous lol , and should hopefully give me the room to implement lots of new features in the future.
The main reason I am here today is to get feedback on if the compatibility changes I've made have been enough to get StoneVox running on most peoples computers. I know that there were quite of few of you struggling with getting StoneVox working. This new version has many changes to help in all these areas.
So I guess without further ado
a little side note, when you run this version windows firewall will come up as StoneVox includes a bunch of networking code. You can either allow it or click cancel, the networking features are more of a dev feature right now and are not needed when working locally on your computer
- Right Mouse to orbit camera
- Middle Mouse pan camera
- WASD or Arrow keys
- Ctrl + O : open files ( alternatively you can drag and drop .qb's right into the programs window)
One big thing to point out is that this is not a finished release. For example none of the UI elements are there yet, among other things too. I will working to finish off whatever I need to, then you will see a full release with all the features you are expecting and maybe some new ones if I have the time.
super side note, I will push the source code to git later on tonight
Thanks so much for your time