I’ve spent the last month or so working on a 3D voxel modeling tool for Stonehearth. I am just about ready for the first release (week or so) and am trying to come up with a catchy name.
- written in Java with LWJGL/OpenGL (future cross platform possible Mac users)
- importing of .qb files
- basic (per voxel) editing
- basic (per voxel) painting
- basic color selection for painting
- free, no commercial restrictions (make .qb files for your own game or whatever)
- exporting .qb files (should not take too long)
- text rendering (OMG, should take the longest depending on if I implement it myself or use third party)
- minor UI improvements (done in a day)
- error checking/bug hunting (so far so good, fingers crossed)
- minor improvement to the lighting system (done in a day)
The program is very much in the theme of Stonehearth, though I am definitely not an artist of any sort :), and has everything you should need to get started making 3D models for the game. I have big plans for the modeler so except support and updates constantly going forward after the first release.
To me programming is my passion and I believe you should do what you love. In the time I’ve spent on this project I’ve learned so much and am grateful I can contribute something to the community here.
Thanks for your time
Update : Nov, 14
Just figured I’d update anyone watching the thread. I have been working hard on the project and it’s just about ready for the release, (1-3 days), so I should meet my time frame.
Thanks for your patience and interest