StoneVox 3D - Community Voxel Modeler for StoneHearth

This is a good point to bring up,

It is to my understanding Minddesk designed the file format, so I’d assume they maintain the final say, though it could be an open file format. In the end I’d never hold any bad feels towards Minddesk if they pull the plug on this.

@chimeforest is correct there are several voxel editors for pc that are free software that can produce .qb files, this of course does not give me the ok just because others are doing it.

Here’s a link to a discussion between Tim Wesoly and another voxel editor developer over adding support of .qb files to his own voxel editor for IOS called “Voxel”.

Heres a link to Tom discussing what software they’re using for StoneHearth, he brings up the ideas for open source alternatives to Qubicle Constructor that they could adopt, though this was before the agreement over Qubicle Constructor StoneHearth Edition was reached.

Some quick notes on Qubicle Constructor, modelling, and animating:

Despite these facts, Minddesk still might maintain the authority to say no, just not peruse it.

I hope I can continue work on StoneVox 3D, it has been a great time and I enjoyed learning. That being said though, I have plenty of projects I want to work on, some for StoneHearth some for others. I’m just an enthusiastic hobbyist at heart, who enjoys StoneHearth and saw a chance to help the modding community grow.

If anyone from Minddesk wants to discus anything with me feel free to send me a PM or leave a comment.

Thanks for your time

5 Likes