Stonehearth: Choose your own adventure!

That tower is pretty scary looking. You assure yourself it will be there tomorrow, and hopefully be less spine-chilling. You proceed town the path to the town. Along the road you pass several people carrying chests or knapsacks leaving town, and wonder what is the matter. You reach the entrance of Black Valley, a wooden fence with a opening in the middle. You are greeted by a guard in iron armor, he’s positioned at the gate with another soldier and two men in leather armor wielding bows. “You picked a bad day to come to the Valley, traveler.” One of the soldiers say. Before you can explain you are definitely not a traveler, but an amazing adventurer, the soldiers draw their weapons and tell you to turn around and watch yourself. You think this is a really terrible welcoming comity, but as you turn to face the way you came you see six goblins running right your way! What do you do?

1 Like

i draw my sword thinking that the goblins don’t look to hard, and a little extra practice would be helpful.

1 Like

I would like to add if I may, a loud warrior shout before entering battle!

1 Like

has nothing of merit to add just yet… but wants to express his extreme appreciation for this thread

:smile: :+1:

8 Likes

You brandish your sword in preparation for battle, digging your feet into the ground. You draw a deep breath into your lungs and prepare your battle cry! Which is… hm… You stop and think, what would sound appropriate right now? Maybe… Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a few arrows whizzing past you, and all the air just comes out in just a general, terrified scream. One of the armored guards stops his charge besides you and stares at you for a second, shakes his head and runs towards the goblins. In the chaos you spot your target: a goblin making his towards the town’s rock stockpile, and cut him off. You recall sharply the blacksmiths’ lesson of “Use the pointy end.” and stab at the goblin, wounding it. One of its’ friends notices and starts running your way! What do you do?

2 Likes

maybe i misunderstood but im going with the my sword being stuck in the other goblin so,

i grab a hunk o’ stone and lob it at the other goblin.

Then “us” would look at our surroundings for other things that may help us after throwing the rock.
'
Edit While still keeping an eye on the incoming goblin, ya know so we can run and not die.

2 Likes

You jump backwards leaving the sword inside the first goblin, and look around your surroundings trying to find a way to deal with the approaching goblin. You see the pile of stone and take one you think would be large enough to do some damage, and pick it up. You face the approaching goblin and throw as hard as you can- and miss by about a foot. You pick up a smaller stone and throw it as well, and it smacks the goblin right in the face, causing it to stumble backwards and fall to the ground. The first goblin has removed the sword from itself and is now wielding it, looking rather angry. Two other goblins are dead on the ground, with arrows stuck in their body, while two more are engaged with the town guards.

What do you do?

2 Likes

Scream for the blacksmiths daughter, she might be as good a swordfighter as her dad!

2 Likes

Okay here goes.

The goblin without the sword attacks first, flinging itself on you and tearing at the unarmored parts of you, leaving scratch marks all over you. Lose 1 HP.
You yell out in pain as the second goblin launches his own attack with your sword. What do you do?

Touch we don’t write the story. Just write down what we want to do.

2 Likes

Attempt to perhaps pick up the Goblin #2’s weapon while he’s on the ground, to fight off Goblin #1.

2 Likes

I do apologize everyone for the late update, the recent snowstorm left me without internet for a few days, but now I’m back! And yes @touchportal what Nar5ial said, I’m the “Dungeon Master” in a sense that I write the story around what other peoples actions, but I do appreciate the effort!

In a slight panic, you scream out for the blacksmiths daughter to help you- only to remember you never were told her name. So you just screamed “Blacksmiths daughter, help!” Thankfully everyone within earshot was too busy fighting goblins to pay attention, but you still feel embarrassed. You attempt to circle around Goblin #1 but he stands between you and his fallen companion, you attempt to throw another stone but this goblin won’t fool for the same trick, and dodges out of the way of the stone. Before you have to think of a new plan however, the goblin is struck with one arrow, then a second, and falls to the ground. The day is won, and no human suffered any major injuries. One of the guardsmen approaches you and thanks you for your help, and says you’re free to come and go from town as you wish, but it’s been dangerous as late due to the Tower. Perhaps this guard knows a little bit about the tower? What shall your next action be?

4 Likes

Head toward the city bank and examine the surroundings - including but not limited to: guards, fortifications, potential witnesses, and getaway routes. :smiling_imp:

This should be interesting.

But still keeping to our promise we “chose” to find the blacksmiths daughter first.

1 Like

Agreed, but we pass the bank on the way.

1 Like

Maybe the blacksmith is on the way to the bank the good voice in us says.

But think of all the possibilities. You could be wealthy beyond imagining, responds temptation.

But think of the blacksmith and the harm he could do to us if he ever caught wind of us betrayal, fear replies…

Why not combine the 2? Search for the blacksmith’s daughter and then ransack her house!