StoneHearth Builds - a fan site for sharing building templates!

Hey, don’t you want to cooperate with the author of Praise DB?

1. Seems like it already has accounts and versioning
  2. This way one can (hopefully) download templates via Praise

I have a complaint…:exclamation:
After downloading dozens of the templates and using the first in my current game, I would like to address the author of the “Fortress”. The two towers not only have no doors, so they become useless decoration, but the way they are being built turns them into a significant death hazard! :warning: :rotating_light:
I talk from experience here, as unfortunately, after looking for her forever, I noticed that my mason was built into one of the towers, and forgotten! I immediately issued the deconstruction, but alas, it was too late, and I could only recover her starved bo… grave stone. :coffin: Human/Hearthling tragedy aside, this also left a significant dent in my economy, as this was a level 6 master potter on Ascendency, so she already went through 4 levels of mason first!!

Image documentation - Viewer discretion advised, the following images might disturb some audiences: (:stuck_out_tongue:)

After hearing strange screams and knocking from inside the towers, the deconstruction is issued immediately…

…but unfortunately too late. Only the grave and some personal items can be recovered from the base of the south tower, the plans of which should have never gotten through the building inspection offices…

:wink: :smiley:

(Still, great model, I just might have to “adjust” it a bit… ^^)

Edit: Well, at least now I have an actual reason to build the “Cathedral overground” and place a graveyard behind it. :smiley:

1 Like

Wow :frowning:

I download it too and also had problems with that one having no opening to the inside, but it was with scaffolding left there, not hearthlings.

There is one other template that has an error that makes it unusable which is that big fort. Cause the uploaded files were renamed by the author without editing the insides of the json, so the what the game is trying to load isn’t there, it can’t find the old file name and throws and error…

I added (not on the online version yet) one check for cases like that, the site will read the file and if it is renamed, it will update the json accordingly.

3 Likes

I can’t even get that template to be built. It crashes my entire game when I click the “BUILD” button. =(

Great idea with the website @BrunoSupremo :slight_smile: I recently uploaded some of my own creations and wonder if someone is actually using them :stuck_out_tongue:

(Please don’t try to get your Hearthlings to build them by themselves :grin: )

A “downloaded X-times” and, as someone already suggested, a voting system would be really nice!

1 Like

So I started a game with the goal of only using templates from here… (which is also what caused the “Fortress wall-in incident”). Now you can see the documented progress in it’s own thread: The beautiful village of Helperlad ^^

I used that template and what I did was to change it was before I hit the build button, I added a door to each of the towers. this worked out very well for me.

I think your post will help others to be able to adjust them before actually giving the build command

A post was merged into an existing topic: Goblin peace (also aplies to the undead)

I guess it would be nice to show warnings when on the template page. I actually have those in my template description, but maybe we need an indicator of sorts for templates like this.

2 Likes

Decided to upload some of my templates. Note that those marked as “construction-ready” need only ladders (and possibly furniture) to be considered complete.

3 Likes

Exactly what the game needs! It’s about time someone did this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found this gem of site today and i’m very enthusiastic :smiley:

Love this one! :heart: great job

p.s. added the link on my site so maybe someone can find it easier.

So, a quick update.
Long story short, it finally comes the time where the host provider made-up a silly reason to kidnap my site claiming it is breaking a rule and “ask” to upgrade to a premium account to get it back. If you try to access it right now you will get an error page.
The site (that online version at least) is lost forever, cause even if I upgrade, the files were already deleted by the host.

So I want some help from you guys to find a good hosting service :slight_smile:

And here a few good things

On my local version everything is good, and I’m almost finishing it.
I just need to add a way to sort (order by newest or popular) and filter (by tags) the search results.
Builds will now have information like how many downloads they got, stars received (a simple rate system), comments section for each one and tags (used in the search as filters). Also details like when it was submitted and by who.
Which leads us to the profile system, now players can own their builds in the site, and visiting a profile will list all the user builds he uploaded. That was for sure the most important missing feature in the old site, authorship.

3 Likes

aww man… that stinks :confounded: it’s been a long time since i looked into hosting services, so sorry i can’t be of any help there :confused:

but i’m glad to hear that you got profiles and such working, now we’ll know who to thank for the awesome builds!

would it be possible to suggest to Radiant that they setup a site for this? I know fan sites aren’t a rare thing, but a radiant hosted site wouldn’t be a bad idea either. That way they would have direct access to all the templates that are submitted for testing purposes and we, the players and testers, would have access as well.

3 Likes

What are the technical requirements for you site, which technologies are you using (PHP, Ruby, ASP,…) and which versions? That might help finding something.

2 Likes

Just plain php and mysql.
I also looked into some paid hosting, but they are too expensive for short periods of time, and a waste for a long periods if I didn’t use it (in case radiant implements their system)

something a little more … wacky-geeky-techy?

http://zeronet.io/

That is fascinating, yes. But I have a few problems and questions.
I don’t believe this sites is popular enough to always have one seeder online for newer visitors.
And I don’t understand how it will work with the database. Users send content to the site, not just the owner. So if someone sends a build, then disconnects before anyone else grabs that site version, other visitors will see a different site?
If all files are local, then how secure is it? There are things like database access that needs a password to open, and visitor would be able to see that and eventually have access to anything in the database.

By the way, total noob here, ok? Had never heard about this before.

I don’t know the details myself, as I only know about it but have not used it before)

But your concern about seeders probably will be addressed automatically, as I suspect that while a node can choose to host a copy of a site, a node cannot choose not to host other stuff which are auto-assigned to it. i.e. if you “upload” a copy of a site, it will automatically be assigned to other nodes in the network. i.e. won’t be dependent on party of dedicated seeders (who explicitly chooses to serve a site). but just guesses (at least I would make that a primary feature if I am the system’s designer)

Just throwing this as a suggestion as an alternative to good free-hosting, which seems to be hard to find. But just ignore it if it does not seem feasible.

EDIT: found a faq
http://zeronet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/