Steve's Qubicle Collection

Oh, oh thats horrible! Srry but thats way too much! XD It was a good idea though, and you know what, I’ll try a model just for poops and giggles

alright, our next model is the Moon Forger’s Hammer’s Progression! The Moon Forger is an extremely powerful crafter, so each of these hammers will be very expensive.

Names FLTR (From left to right)

Iron Mallet, Golden Mallet, MoonStone Mallet, Mallet of DimNight

1 Like

They seem a bit stiff, even though I get they are models. Try hunching them a bit? I dunno. Also, remember the theme of Stonehearth: No arms! Chop those suckers off.

ah yes and btw they originally were hunched, but were just way too short, so I was forced to strecth them out, and thank god someone finally gave some feedback! Also they probably seem stiff cuz there hands r so close to theyre body, but I wanted then to almost have cuddly bodies

Another way to alter the size is to re-size them later on in an animation tool. That way you have some more flexibility in terms of modelling, just as Rosey mentioned. I also have the feeling that they are missing something. Sheeps with all the wool might not be the easiest choice to add some details though.

hmmm, perhaps their horns could use some work, or maybe you think their posture needs fixing?

I am not sure to be honest. It is a kind of sheep so there need to be wool. However, the wool makes it hard to differentiate between the different body parts. Somehow the model looks like a long square with a head, hands and feets, just like if you erect a normal sheep.

Some time ago I have tried to create a cow-titan. Now, a cow is not as wooly as a sheep :wink:… but I found it also hard to transform an animal into a biped. At this point in time I have decided to overdo some of the body parts. I have added unrealistic large hands, added a hunchback, created a large belly, etc. Things that gave it a bit more character, from my point of view. I am not saying that you should do the same… just have a bit courage to try things out which you believe they could work and see what happens.

Could be an interesting approach… have you tried it? I would not cover the whole humanoid with wool, otherwise you might lose the details. But how about adding here and there some wool and showing pieces of flash without wool all around the body, like someone was ripping the wool out? I would also try to exaggerate… e.g. the horns. In one of the streams the devs have shown a male sheep. The picture has a bad resolution, but you see how huge the horns are. Having this kind of horns might make the head go down… the hunchback comes in again. Just some additional thoughts to break the straight design as it might be at the moment and to add something “special”.

ill take that into consideration, and voxel_pirate, im sure ive got a slim chance, but maybe youd like to work on a project together someday?

I think the updated model is going into the right direction, keep on going.

On new projects I would say “never say never”. At the moment I have a long list of things I would like to try out. The last time I took a look on that list it contained like a dozen mod-ideas :scream:. Well, I have shortlisted 3 of them, but they all include not only re-design of existing assets but some severe coding and modding of the UI, etc. So before I even think about another project, I would like to get this stuff sorted out. Btw. one has the name “SheepBall” … what a coincidence :wink:.

1 Like

well, “never say never” sure keeps my hopes up at least, thx 4 the advice

alrighty then ive finally finished my next model. this one isnt new, however it is a revision of the sheepman, this time he has more of a man-ish look to him.

hope you like it, and which one did you like better?

1 Like

I like this sheep man better because the other one looked like a woolly orc of some kind.

It looks okay… perhaps make him a bit shorter? His shoulders also look a bit off.

well, he is the same size as a regular settler, so i think size is fine, but yeah shoulders can use some work

just changed the pic’s shoulders

added mane

You should definitely add a thin “mohawk-mane” type thing down his back. Not a huge stripe, but just a little bit to add some character.

i much prefer this to your previous sheep models… he fits much better with the existing SH theme… :+1:

perhaps this one can be a sheep clan, and the other a sheep monster.

1 Like

Good idea with the cloths, somehow reminds me of a “Bavarian costume”. Now the model does not look so solid anymore. Nice, nice.