@SteveAdamo INSPIRATION!

Hey @SteveAdamo! I have a question for you! What inspired you to make stonehearth? Was it Minecraft or was it just completely original? (btw do you play minecraft?)
Keep making epic improvements to the game!
-Pixel Master :hamburger:

1 Like

Ehm @SteveAdamo is only forum moderator. (though he is the great and powerful one)

@Tom and @Ponder decided to make Stonehearth:

4 Likes

oh lol :sweat_smile: i failed

Yes, @SteveAdamo. As the creator of Stonehearth, what was your inspiration?

3 Likes

Come now, no need to embarrass the poor lad further!

@PixelMaster12, I think Tony and Tom were inspired in equal parts by Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft, though you should look up some interviews with them for more details. I’m certain they have discussed it before.

4 Likes

hey there @PixelMaster12, welcome to the discourse :smile:

[quote=“thorbjorn42gbf, post:2, topic:16123”]
Ehm @SteveAdamo is only forum moderator
[/quote]as am i, though i also have been mistaken as one of the devs before :joy:

[quote=“thorbjorn42gbf, post:2, topic:16123”]
(though he is the great and powerful one)
[/quote]that is very true, i still look up to him for guidance on a daily basis :wink:

no worry’s my good sir, we all make mistakes.

well as @Moai said, their main inspiration came from dwarf fortress, i dont believe that minecraft has ever been mentioned as inspiration though.

edit: also, @PixelMaster12, perhaps you should change the title to “@radiant INSPIRATION!” or something like that, just so theres less confusion and such.

2 Likes

the info is the stonehearth wiki :wink:

http://stonehearth.gamepedia.com/Stonehearth

1 Like

hey there @PixelMaster12 … welcome aboard! :smile:

oh, and congratulations on becoming my new favorite member… expect to receive your official “Steve’s Fanclub” t-shirt in the mail… you may have to handle the shipping and handling however… but trust me, its worth every penny… :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

It’s not everyday I come in a situation where I’m not the one failing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So… Today I learned Tom and Tony are mere puppets in @SteveAdamo’s master plan. :open_mouth:

7 Likes

you only found that out today? eeesh, what have you been doing this entire time?

:laughing:

6 Likes

Is that why all my hearthlings are making tricycles and riding them around instead of working? :frowning:
What have you done @SteveAdamo?!

3 Likes