Stonehearth - Discussion on a Possible New Way of Building

Hey everybody!,

Real quick, I just wanted to get people’s opinions on one particular subject.

Do you think this game could eventually have the ability to build at 45 degree angles?

Now… I don’t know a darn thing about computers. But I could probably guess that this idea alone would cost so much more work on the game and would just be a giant hassle… or… maybe it won’t… I don’t know.

But! I wanted to ask, for one, for those who actually know what a computer is, do you think this is a possibility for the game?

And second, generally speaking, would you guys even want that sort of feature, or would it take away from the overall… square-iness… of Stonehearth… (Cough, squarell)?

So what do you guys think!?

Let me know! And hopefully I can learn a little more about coding and computers from this. : D

-Surly

1 Like

I think that this isn’t necessarily impossible, as I have seen many games that have this feature. I’m not too much of a programming nerd either - bit of scratch and python xD - but I would say that it is a very possible idea to accomplish, and it shouldn’t take any longer than anything else! I’m guessing that this game has models with increased size, (if you know what I mean) so it would be easier to do this task. It would probably just take a bit of movement code, and there we have it!

I hope that I’ve helped!

BTW: the idea is great, although it could inflict with the voxel idea, perhaps… depending on what this idea is going to do…

@SpagBolChomper,

Hmm… So you think it wouldn’t be that much of a challenge to do? Very interesting to think about…

And to explain myself… I think to best say this would be like roughly saying:

So as for now, we can rotate our buildings / voxels in four different directions, that being North, South, East, and West. With the concept of building at 45 degree angels, that allows for buildings / voxels to be rotated with the four original directions above, plus Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest… Does… that make any sense at all? I don’t know… Words are hard. : D

But yeah… other than that, thanks for your help!

-Surly

Yeah, I understand ( I found it hard wording my post too xD). But yeah, if the voxels have been enlarged, then it shouldn’t be very hard!