Steffers Geodamo Siphoning Center For Painting And Stuff

Not only is this art, but I think this is an incredibly powerful social commentary.

The repetition of the word ‘manifest’ really strikes at the constant precariousness of the modern condition. Truly a remarkable piece.

4 Likes

Here are my exquisite pieces:

This is "Unnamed Dinosaur Warmly Greets Unknowing Guests With a Warm Beverage in Hand"

"Dwarf Contemplates Elf Superiority"

And, of course, "Dangerous Eats"
9 Likes

Dangerous eats, in my professional opinion, is truly a stellar commentary on the relationship between modern (and Stonehearthian) people and their food. Is fructose actually a necessary part of the human diet? At what point is food a necessary part of living, and at what point does it become an addition? Is it possible to become addicted to life itself?

3 Likes

as im now grinning like the village idiot, i think its best that i exit stage left, and grab some lunch…

but be on the lookout for the SGCFPS seminar flyers… @Geoffers747 has been toiling away on this effort for… like, minutes now…

1 Like

Here’s a self portrait. Or Tom Bombadil. Or maybe I AM Tom Bombadil. Or he looks like me. Whatever, anyway, my newest contribution to our academy.

7 Likes

This also raises an important question. Can anyone be truly certain that they are NOT Tom Bombadil?

7 Likes

It is evident that we are all Tom Bambadil. We merely think we are not because our perception is playing tricks on us. If we were not Tom Bambadil, then what would we be?

1 Like

Or maybe we all pretend to be Tom Bombadil even not knowing we are pretending to be Tom Bombadil because Tom Bombadil (which could be (or not) any of us - or all of us) actually wants us to believe we can be ourselves if we are him. Or something like that.

3 Likes

the question thats really going to bake your noodle is, it we arent us/Tom Bombadil, would we even be asking this question?

ok… all of these deeply profound existential discussions are giving my brain cramps…

1 Like

Even Tom Bombadil must get tired of being Tom Bombadil. Maybe we’re his Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

4 Likes

If a Tom Bombadil falls in a forest and no one is around to notice it, does he exist?

3 Likes

What about the Schrödinger’s Tom Bombadil thought experiment?

1 Like

If a Tom Bombadil falls in a forest inside a box and no one is around to make a sound, is the tree okay?

1 Like

That reminds me of an awesome video from a Team Fortress 2 match where a guy asks the ‘tree question’ and a british guy replies, amidst all that CHAOS, in a really amazing fashion.

I see now that we’re developing the philosophical/academic side of our artistic movement. Should someone write a manifest or something?

2 Likes

@DaniAngione, you have just finished the loop.

3 Likes

Oh. What have I done :frowning:

Anyway, since I mentioned pixel art earlier (as a joke) I suppose I should bring something serious since I really love pixel art :smiley:

This is my pen-and-paper RPG group. I’ve been Dungeon Master to this same group for 2 years now and we have a lot of weekly fun :slight_smile: We play D&D 3.5e, and I’ll leave the classes for guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Beautiful!

Guesses:
Dwarven Fighter
Human ???
Human Fighter
???
Half-Orc ranger
Elven Druid
Hafling Ranger with animal companion

1 Like

Computers even start to game games. Although they will never reach the level of @Geoffers747.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/05/to-that-sect-is-an-awful-jam-game-made-by-an-ai/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Thank you :smile:

Well, you got some right!

Dwarven Fighter - correct!

Human ??? - Cleric. He’s a cleric of Ilmater (we play Forgotten Realms) so he wears a simple villager robe to hide his chainmail.

Human Fighter - It’s a human, yes, but not a fighter: a rogue :smile:

??? -Human Paladin - it’s the crazy guy of our group. He gets the most weird talents and created a really strange (but fun!) character. Yes, he uses a nunchaku.

Half-Orc Ranger - actually a Barbarian - it’s difficult to see but he’s holding a really huge sword. And it looks like a quiver but it’s actually a bag of javelins on his back :smiley: he chose lighter armor to abuse of his barbaric half-orc speed lol.

Elven Mage - with an Owl familiar called MacLuhan (lol) Our college course is Media Studies and - I know - it’s a little OOC but I couldn’t resist when he came up with the joke (MacLuhan says that the ‘means of communication are extensions of our bodies’ and familiars are pretty much that since they can even serve as ‘touch’ for your touch spells)

Halfling Ranger - This one is the druid, with a sling and a cute wolf as companion :slight_smile:

(edit: the quote put all the guesses on the same line)

2 Likes

Egads! The Steffers Geodamo Center for Painting and Stuff is becoming a haven for existential thought! I see the stirrings of a movement…

Well, the Discource is certainly getting weird, isn’t it?

2 Likes