Steam Latest Updated to develop 3019

agreed, I suggested putting steps at door so it didnt look over crowded :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice patch, but still gonna hold off on playing till the actual building get fixed. them building roofs or tops first and basically making it where hearth cant finish building builds due to fact that cant build underneath roofs, is kinda breaking the game at moment. Wow a lot of “build” words

1 Like

Hi @micheal_handy76_mh,
What specific buildings are not working for you? You’ve loaded it to the discourse thread about not buildable buildings? If so, I can take a look at it specifically.
Thanks
-Yang

@yshan

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/building-priorities-for-hearths/23291

as u can see from the example i posted, it’s an issue. ran into it a few times just used this build to show it in thread

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B45LtNDFZunhWVBwQlp3UDhIU2c&usp=sharing

Got it. Taking a look now. Thank you!
-Yang

4 Likes

yuppers lol , just chasing ya down in threads. fun times

1 Like

Well that looks like where I thought it would be located… Although was imaging going up in the other direction 90 degrees. That is me though, and that looks quite nice. Good call on the slab tool, I was wondering about that, and quite agree it did look like stairs.

Don’t know how much I’ll use it, but we will see. Probably be a combination of the tool and slabs depending on how I do my “Labyrinth” of stairs. However not as confusing as that movie… Just good to see a possible tool to use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On steam latest, my building designer has not changed. I don’t see the stairs like 8bitcrab posted. It says its 3019 in the game.

to be honest i liked the monsters like wolves and stuff attacking wild animals… i dunno it felt more… natural like they were hunting or something instead of only attacking you and doing nothing at all otherwise.

i’m very interested in the stairs option. LEts test the hell out of it :slight_smile:

oh dear, that’s not good, i can’t think of why that would happen :confounded:

perhaps try opting out of and then back into betas and see if that fixes it?

i’ve had this one before and the devs helpt me. Do you have the stonehearth.smod changed into the stonehearth.zip so you can change things?

Yep, that was it. I don’t really get how mods work yet. I had a copy of stonehearth unzipped in the mods folder. After I deleted it, the stairs icon is there. Thanks Doc!

they told me that when it updates, the game updates the stonehearth.smod file. But the game uses the unzipt version. So even though the game shows the correct version, your not playing it. Alpha 17 Updated to develop 3000
Hi,
The game prefers to use the unzipped
version of stonehearth if it sees both an smod and a plain folder. If
you have the game unzipped, when steam updates it will only download the
new stonehearth.smod and leave your unzipped version alone. So the
stonehearth.smod is newer and the unzipped folder is still the old
version. Then, when the game goes to look for the stonehearth mod, it
will see that an unzipped version exists and prefer that one. Since the
unzipped version is the old version, you will not be running on the
latest version of the game.

Hopefully that makes sense. XD
Thanks,
-Yang

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes I was also having the same issue of not having the stairs showing up. renamed and unzipped the old stonehearth file. Had a full stonehearlth directory in the mods folder. Deleted the stoneheartlh dir and now the stairs show up.

for those having the problem with the unzipped, i would suggest unzipping the .smod in a different location than the stonehearth mods folder (on your desktop for example) that way when the game updates you dont have to worry about the old unzipped folder interfering :slight_smile:

Will there in the future be able to for example remove parts of the stairs with the Rubber ?
Notice that atm you can’t change anything with it and a bit frustrating when game bugs out and Revert Tool stops working which it do very often

2 Likes

RE: erasing stairs.
I am working on this now :slight_smile:
-Yang

4 Likes

Nice you guys are quick :smiley:

@yshan theres another one for him in [A16/A17] The buildings my hearthlings will not build (round 2!)