New Builder Stair Error

Summary: Attempting to build stairs causes an error which brings up a ‘Stonehearth Assertion Failed’ window. (attached)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new game.
  2. Pause
  3. Throw down a couple attached rooms and a second floor room because I’m testing how the builder reacts to shenaniganry.
  4. Attempt to build stairs with the new build tool.

Expected Results:
A stair ghost of some sort which my hearthlings would eventually build.

Actual Results:

1. A windows error tone and a ‘Stonehearth Assertion Failed’ error box behind the client window.
  2. Continued attempts to build both fail, and hide any affected voxels for rooms you have already placed into the builder. This ends once the error window is closed.
  3. An Error Log.
  4. Continued attempts to Stair repeat the issue. It warned me about stairs.

Notes:
I’m now having issues duplicating this issue after ten minutes and three seperate successful instances of messing with it.

4/10: At jamiltron’s suggestion, i messed with double-clicking, and got it to occur again. I can’t convince it to happen with the other building tools though, so I’m gonna say its still stair related?

Further madsciencing: if you click within one tile of the original click location, such that moving the mouse does not update the pre-placement render of the stairs, you will get the error.

Attachments:
I’m not actually sure what else to attach, or at least where to find it? but here’s the basic error popups.

Stonehearth Assertion Failed

Stonehearth%20Assertion%20Failed

Error log in-game

release-815 (x64)
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘to_region’
stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:105: in function ‘compute_collision_shape’
stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:70: in function ‘__init’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:23: in function ‘StairsData’
stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:59: in function ‘Make’
…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:791: in function ‘?’
…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:453: in function <…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:438>

Version Number and Mods in use:
r815 (rickety building)
absolutely unmodded.

System Information:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
AMD FX-8320 8 core processor
16 GBs RAM
Radeon R9 290x

2 Likes

Summary:
When using stair tool this popup will occur. Also stairs will only form in one direction. This is a little hard to reproduce but both times it has been when I put a stair though a wall.
Expected Results:
Stairs
Actual Results:
Popup window error
Notes:
Error from image 2
release-815 (x64)
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback: [C]: ? [C]: in function ‘to_region’ stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:105: in function ‘compute_collision_shape’ stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:70: in function ‘__init’ radiant/modules/commons.lua:23: in function ‘StairsData’ stonehearth/lib/building/stairs_data.lua:59: in function ‘Make’ …hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:791: in function ‘?’ …hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:453: in function <…hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:438>
release-815 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments:

1. image
  2. image

Summary:
An error window with some info.

Steps to reproduce:
I used the stairs tool near the vertical cliff. Supposedly while placing the stairs I dragged the cursor inside the cliff.
Another trigger was when I tried to pull stairs through other “ghost” blocks of a future building. Both times stairs started at ground blocks.

Actual Results:

While the error window was opened, I tried to use some tools (stairs, room). There was seemingly no effect. After closing the window all the structures I’ve tried to draw appeared. So while this error window is active, any building previews are invisible.

release-815 (x64)
...s/client/building_vision/building_vision_service.lua:265: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...s/client/building_vision/building_vision_service.lua:265: in function 'up_visible_level'
	...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:528: in function <...hearth/services/client/building/building_service.lua:527>

Version Number and Mods in use:
A24 r-815, only debugtools

System Information:
Win7 x64

We’ve changed stairs to make them more usable (it feels like a mix between the old system and the new one) so these errors might not happen anymore due to this change.

2 Likes