Steam and Hydro Electric Power and Automation

Hi,

This is not a suggestion for ships, that has been exhausted till eternity. What I propose is…

STEAM POWER - Mechanization and Automation of things like smelting and sewing (clothes). This, especially for the job of the Smith, would speed up that slow process.

Why? would it make sense in game?

The Engineer already can do semi-automated turrets and gears and cogs. Fire already exists. They have the required keys to make the device, the steam engine is possible in game.

The idea I have is something like this from the early 19th century:
(Engine design)

Engine (actual)

Miners and Minecarts

Power Loom

All Images from Wikipedia - used to illustrate the potential of this idea.

(I DO NOT OWN THESE PHOTOS OR ANY RIGHTS TO THEM)

Sorry for the above caps, but better safe than sorry

So, What do you think?

1 Like

Did some more finding out - the steam engine can also be used by the cook, to mass produce baked goods amongst others!
Also, the first steam engine was produced as early as the 1600’s!

Would require water to be a resource first hahahaha

Yes, but is water a resource to make stews and soups? You needn’t see it, in my opinion, but fair point

A long time ago, there was a mod that added a power system. But that was back in A9 or something, and has been abandoned.

2 Likes

Yes, I had found it a while back in alpha 17 or 18,. It was not playable with those. I thought that maybe it may be rebooted or something better made

You could always try and ask whoever made it if you could update it. Or take over, etc.

I cant seem to find it anywhere, probably buried somewhere. However, with regards to me taking over, that is impossible as I have as much skill with coding as a boiled cabbage hahha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I found this with a link in it, of the old mod

Bang

1 Like

found it

HAHAHA That was syncronised lol

So it would seem we both have, lol.

Funny how the last comment there was yours from last year!

I am gonna try to make contact with the guy, @chessmaster42 so that maybe someone interested can carry on with that mod

Water is not a resource as we can’t manipulate it, place it, drink it or use it as an ingredient in the vanilla game. We make stew and soups without water in this case. Don’t ask me how but it’s happening.

I will ask you to take a look at the links above of the old mod - Hydro-Electric power

I will later, but please remember the vanilla game is what the forum is about. Modders have to keep their own schedules and so does radiant.

Of course, but since I had forgotten about the mod, (Thx @thelegorebel for reminding me and helping me find it) and like many of the suggestions out there, (like the who about a king one becoming an actual mod in mere hours), I hoped to inspire someone or other to make a mod of the kind, or maybe to give some ideas or something.
Now that there is a mod, the whole story changes. I await the answer from the creator of the mod, so that then, I will if in the affirmative change this to a mods thing. So far, I am now going to change it to obsolete mods as I see it more accurate that way.
Ultimately, I simply am endeavoring to revive the mod

Edit: if I acquire the files and stuff, albeit I myself can do nothing productive with them due to my lack of coding knowledge, someone else may take it up.

I’d have liked to add pumps and maybe even hydroelectric dams to Zulser, but getting the latter to work properly would actually be one hell of a feat, especially since water technically isn’t really flowing on account on there being no sources/sinks that manipulate the water levels at runtime. Plus, Cities: Skyline did that properly (and quite amazing) and it would be hard to meet those standards.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. This forum is dedicated to all aspects of the game, including Modding. There’s absolutely no reason he can’t talk about it.

2 Likes