Spoolicus' [All In One Piece] Qubicle Models

wood resource are just two separate tags…
Currently, you can set tags for the recipe input.

So lets say you create a mod where goblins run around smashing your chairs, you can create the entity Broken Chair Legs to spawn as ‘rubble’ - if it has the tags wood and resource it can be recycled by the carpenter

Likewise if you make an apple crop with different variants (spartan, gala, cortland, granny smith, etc.) and someone else says "Hey, know what’d be killer? An apple pie mod!"
They can set the apple pie recipe to accept ‘resource apple’ as an ingredient, and all of the above apples will be useable

2 Likes

I guess that makes sense. The more you know!

1 Like

Yup! I might have to pitch this to Thomas tomorrow during the stream, if I make it
Good luck making focus crystal number III

1 Like

If you don’t I certainly will! The world needs to hear this!

1 Like

There is one little bit of work you need to do to introduce a new generic material into the game though. For instance, I added Marble in my Columns mod. To be able to call it as “material” : “marble resource” and get an icon in the workshop window, I needed to mixinto “stonehearth/ui/data/constants.json”.

This does mean that I had to refer to it in the recipes with the tags in the same order; “marble resource” not “resource marble”.

3 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting. Thanks for the information!

Hello there good folks of the forums!

Today has been an eventful day for me, at least concerning the modding world. I’ve begun sketching out ideas for a rudimentary research system that will eventually be added into the game! (probably from scratch, since Tom said tonight in the stream that there most likely won’t be a research system like the one I want to implement.) Other than that, I’ve been working on a few more wands to be added to the game! Take a look!

First up, we have the Bronze Galanosium Wand. This wand has a Bronze Core and A Galanosium Focus, and is slightly more potent than a Simple Wand. The second wand pictured, if you haven’t already guessed, is a Full Galanosium Wand. This wand is made entirely out of Galanosium, and as such is a bit unstable. Be careful when giving it to your sorcerers! There’s a bit of Wild Magic in this one!

To be honest, though, I’m not sure what I think of the look of either wand, to be honest. Tell me below!

That’s all for today everyone! As always, if you want to leave a comment, please do so! I could always use the fedback on my models! What you guys tell me both lifts my spirits and helps me get better, so it’s a win-win!

-Spoolicus

2 Likes