Spoolicus' Adventures in Pixelmancing! (Or, "Seriously, What Does it Take to Get an Update Around Here?")

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6

2 Likes

Well, folks, I’m here once again to bring you this exciting pixel art update!

What do you mean I didn’t make any pixel art?

Well, seeing as how I suck at committing to things, I went ahead and drew a character that expresses its disapproval at my lack of commitment.

[][1]

Wait a minute.
Did I do what i think I just did? I think so. Which means…
I have made progress with my commitment! Score!

As for all of the suggestions sitting at the top of the page beckoning to me, telling me how much they despise me for leaving them up there for an entire month and a half with no calls or texts or anything, I’ll get to them, eventually. I’m not promising anything, though.
[1]: http://i.imgur.com/eeQ76MU.png

1 Like

Looks rebellious! Needs tats and piercings to make it legit! :wink:

Isn’t it already pixelated…?

1 Like

What you don’t see is the dragon tattoo on her back, as well as her hoops hanging off her ears. Because it’s pixelated.

2 Likes

Then have him recreate the regular worker in pixel art.

Also, I see that you changed your avatar to that weird wombat you drew in your thread you made to prove that wombat to settler evolution exists.

You misspelled “glorious and legitimate”.

Well, with it being almost One O’Clock in the morning here, I’ve officially gone more than one day with out posting any new art, to make up for that, here’s two pieces in one:

Glorious. I wasn’t really sure how to incorporate the fact that the settler tips his head up as the saw lifts up, so I made his arms lift up, in what I assume is excitement or to perform levitational magicks on the saw. This took me about an hour in all to make, starting at midnight. Because I’m still awake and I might as well do something to please the masses. I’m happy with how the dithering in the background turned out. Originally, I was going to just have a plain white background, however I decided that the sparkles coming off of the saw wouldn’t have much contrast to the pure white.
This image comes from these two suggestions:

Thank you both for suggesting something for me to do!
…No matter how long it took me to do it… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now pixelate Tom, Tony, and sdee!

Well, here we are again guys, another day, another piece of artwork! Well, not really artwork. It’s kind of more like finger painting, but I guess that IS artwork, so… artwork it is! Anyways, today’s/tonight’s update is a bit different. This update was brought to you today by @DinoD123, saying the following:

I did work on this piece today, however I was rendered painfully tired and decided to post my work in progress art (which I don’t think looks too good however this is a commitment so I’m going to do it anyways and now for the main event the one the only GLaDOS pixel art well its not really the only one help me how do I get out of this sentence aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

Anyway, here’s the WIP draft of PotatOS, GLaDOS’s 1.1 (later 1.6) volt body!

I hate how this is looking right now, so I’m not sure if I’ll just scrap it and go directly to a full-scale GLaDOS pixel art. Drawing potatoes is hard, man. It’s hard. I don’t know, I might just make the canvas bigger than it currently is. Tell me what you guys think of this piece below, and leave me more requests to do that I may or may not actually get to ever! Hooray!

Cheers,
Spoolicus

Here is something I found for maybe a guide or something. I know it’s big.

1 Like

Ooh, that looks nice. I’ll try to see what I can fix with my own later on today (seeing as how it’s nearly 2 AM here). Thanks!

Well, I’ve been away for a short while, and haven’t made any progress on my terrible PotatOS drawing. However, I’ve been working on something much more impressive (or, at least, in my mind.) to share with you all. Sadly, it too is not done yet. However, what I can show you guys is a little teaser for something that I accomplished earlier yesterday. Behold!

The letter T in a mock Gregorian style! AMAZING! The T itself is a work in progress, as is everything else that is associated with such an outstanding letter. I’ll texture it later in its final stage of awesomeness. Comments and critique are appreciated, as always!

Cheers,
Spoolicus

1 Like

Ooo… looks very cool. I’d love to see a whole alphabet, but that’s probably asking for a bit too much time on the old Paint.NET. :wink:

1 Like

WHAT?! NO NEW TITLE?! WHY YOU LIE TO US, @Spoolicus?!?! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have nothing but time :stuck_out_tongue:

On a very related note, I have another work in progress drawing for all (both? I can hardly tell any more.) of you that has a lot to do with the Gregorian T! (I’m not even kidding about that)
BEHOLD!

One heck of a desert road. As you can see, everything is still very much WIP. Tell me what you all think about how the road came out (It’s not my favorite), the dithering in the sky to gt that gradient, and the mesas in the background! It has a lot to do with that letter up there, though. You’ll see, You’ll see…

Spoolicus rubs his hands together mischeiviously while backing up into a darkened corner of the room. However, the corner is not dark enough and you can still see him, even though that was not his intent. He chuckles to himself and bleeds a little out of his nose. Gross.

4 Likes

Needs a Route 66 sign.

1 Like

Not bad :slight_smile: . The dashed yellow line looks a little wonky to me though. I’d also consider not having the white lines go right into the distance - they’re very thin on actual roads, so I’d expect them to be nigh-invisible my the time they hit the horizon. Maybe have them fade out?

Rest seems fine though IMHO, and I especially like the sky :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I must suggest that there be at least ONE cactus in this art. Maybe in a real faded green. A bright green would look odd with the rest of the picture.

I’ll have to agree with you on that one. It just doesn’t look as complete :wink:
I’ll post my later workings tonight, or I guess more accurately tomorrow morning.

'Till then!
Spoolicus

I like it!

(Perfect Mad Max background :wink:)