Sorta Noob Questions

Hi guys,
I’m a relatively new player (13 Hours) and I was wondering about a few things:

1. Is there any strategy to building (Carpenter house next to warehouse, etc.) or is it purely aesthetic?

2. Is there a way to take off the command console (ctrl+c)? I want to be able to play without the temptation of doing “IB” and other commands.

3. Why will some of my buildings appear completely finished but still have scaffolding?

4. Any Mod recommendations? I have Smartcrafter and Stonehearth Café and some of the other basic mods.

Welcome to the forum, @PurpleM1911 :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have a savefile with a finished building that still has scaffolding please upload it, we’re taking a look at building bugs and performance. Instructions:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

First of all: sorry for my spelling, english isn’t my mothertongue :slight_smile:

1: Yes, the distance between crafting table and storage makes it a bit faster.
2: I don’t know, just don’t use the debug tool “mod” I guess?
3: Maybe one or two pieces of furnature havent been placed yet?
4: YES. I will write a few mods, that I like to use in different categorys.

Quality of Life:
-Box command Tool
-Autoharvest Mod
-Crafter Queues!
-What’s Stuck?
-Workshop Inventory Display
-Dense Fields

Map Changes:
-Map size 160 / 96 / 64
-Giant Map Size
-ClearSkies
-Rivers
-Kai Monkey’s “a few more landmarks” - Version 0.1

Astetic mods:
-Stonehearth Doorways
-Lodewell Lights (Continuation)
-Home sweet home
-fortify v0.6
-Settlement Decor
-LostEms
-Piles Plus

Big Mods:
-Trapper+
-Trapper+ Taxidermy
-Glassworks
-Dani’s Core Mod
-Box O’ Vox

Misc:
-High Class
-Miner Profession
-Balista Turret
-Kai Monkey’s Traits - Version 3.45 (this mod is awesome)
-6 Starting Hearthlings
-Primitive Armory
-Animalot

Hope, that I could Help :slight_smile:

You may also consider my UI mods that add a little more functionality to the game, making some frequent/tedious tasks simpler to perform, or alerting you when hearthlings/enemies are unable to path to you or items fail to restock.

I apologize for bothering you, I just reloaded the games and it turns out I was missing a single flowerbox.
Sorry again!

1 Like

1: im a process engineer so i could drone on end about performance like this XD but the short story is:

total time of making desired thing = time of crafting + time of moving stuff to crafter+ time of movign stuff from crafter to goal or storage.

you cant speed up crafting time. you can shorten walking time. you cant speed up the pick up and drop animation.
so literally the ONLY WAY YOU CAN SPEED UP ANYTHING is making faster roards, and putting supplies and crafters closer togeather. this is also what makes the banner of cunning broken as all hell. (which is why @Banto loves it :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2: not sure, but just dont use it, instant build breaks builds, towns, and generally is meh

1. see 2, ib causes this.

4s. tartign with other people stuff:

box command tool
smart crafter
and the rivers mod made by bruno.

and to toot my own horn:
the more realistic farming mod seems to be popular,
and once you are done with all the existing kingdoms, give my nordlings a try :wink: they get more finished pretymuch every week (so far the most compleet non standard kingdom mod)

2 Likes