[solved] Placing furniture from a crate?

Hi all,

I was thrilled when I got my crate storage system going. Great for organization and optimizing workflow (less walking around carrying stuff). Unfortunately I can’t discover how to place a furniture item (e.g., another crate!) from within a crate. Is this possible yet or do I just have to abandon the idea of storing furniture in crates?

Thanks!

are you not able to place them through the item placement menu?

here’s a simple screenshot to show the menu’s UI,

2 Likes

YES! Thank you, I’d never placed items through that UI, only by clicking on the item in the world and selecting move. SO MUCH BETTER!

1 Like

good to hear that was the only thing that was stopping you, and that it wasn’t a problem with the crates :smile:

1 Like

It’s not the first time that players reported that they didn’t know that UI existed. Perhaps it’s not as intuitive as it should ?

3 Likes

I’d chalk it up to user error. The icon on the button reads pretty well; it makes sense that it’s not on the top level choices; it makes sense that it’s behind the building menu. Just my fault for seeing it probably a dozen times without wondering what it does.

It does make me want to build a tutorial mod though. I guess I should poke around and see if anyone is working on one yet.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mod Idea: New User Tutorial?