Skywalking Bug (someone learnt how to fly)

Hrm. I’ve been hoping for flight to be featured in Stonehearth. Looks like my will manifested, and it just programmed itself right in.

2 Likes

So maybe a continuation of the problem, before and after this hearthlings have just been occasionally ignoring stairs and ghost walking phasing through cliffs and lowering themselves onto the level below like as though there was a perfect slope there, but the time mentioned above was when they just plain stopped mid-air. This “ghost-walking” has been happening fairly often, about once every ten or so minutes I see it happen. This time I was smart enough to try to capture it.

There’s one too many shadows here…

Watch the black lass.

Now the ginger.

I think this has something to do with pathing and stairs. I don’t remember this happening with ladders, so if you are going to try to replicate this try watching ling path up and down a ladder for a few minutes then try with stairs.

1 Like

Summary:
the will stay up there and float until the die i think…
Steps to reproduce:

I built a building of fast mod because I’m impatient i guess?

Expected Results:
building is built faster
Actual Results:
three or four hearthlings just stuck permanently in the air, not standing on the building, not stuck in the building, floating, in the air, in different places, at different heights.
Notes:
saving and reloading didn’t help, auto save has them still floating, nothing short of their deaths will make them go away.
Attachments:
I have many but can only post one.
253250_screenshots_20180623164218_1
Version Number and Mods in use:
release-860 (x64) no mods
System Information:

ok less idiotic rage… I built a building and put the game on fast mode because I wanted it to go fast

You should be able to open the console with Ctrl+C, select the affected hearthling and type “reset”. This should place it back on the ground.

Summary:
One of my workers, upon placing a single wooden log down in the middle of a stockpile, stood on top of it, and then boosted himself in the air a whole two feet further. Now he’s just levitating there, and a thunderstorm is due in less than an hour. The log has even been removed from underneath him, I guess he just really likes the fresh air.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have Worker collect an Oak Log
  2. Have Worker place said Oak Log in a max area stockpile.
  3. Wingardium Leviosa?

Expected Results:
Worker places Log and skips around, content that he has once again completed a task to please his nameless overlord.

Actual Results:
Worker levitates, immobile other than standard idle animations. Nothing can move him. Town Alert mode merely makes him do a battle pose approximately 3 feet off the ground. He is all powerful, and yet confined to a single space in reality, trapped in the intangible incarceration of… air?

Notes:
Also, Workers in this same file would place stuff in crates next to a building, and then proceed to walk through said building like it didn’t exist. Upon exiting the far wall of the building, the workers were no longer able to yeet through the walls until they repeated the method of storage again.

Attachments:
Screenshot - 363128a2c17389079e55bf082bfecebb - Gyazo
Screenshot - b57f23ee27efaa5f95984a4415a7d672 - Gyazo

Version Number and Mods in use:
release-860 (x64) , Latest update. No mods in use.

System Information:
Unsure what to type in this section. If needed, please notify me.

1 Like

Was this save from before A24+ (release 860)?

Just started this file yesterday.

Should also add that Workers could not place a Dining Table if a Wooden Chair was in front of it. They would just get stuck on the chair, and to complete the building the chair would have to be removed temporarily.

1 Like

Can you please upload your savegame for us to take a look?

Sure thing. How do I do that again?

1529818681647.zip (3.3 MB)

2 Likes

Hope that does the trick, haven’t uploaded a save file in a long time and I’ve forgotten how.

1 Like

One final note: Issue can be resolved with the “Reset” Command in Console.

1 Like

I didn’t know about the reset so I would just build a slab nerd pole to the hearthling. When you hit build they would drop and then you destroy the nerd pole before it gets built.

Do you have a savefile I could look at? Thank you!

Update. Continued to use same game file, found an instance where reset did not fix the issue of floating citizens

1 Like

@jamiltron is looking into this. If you have a savefile where reset was insufficient, it’ll be useful in his exploration.

1 Like

Well, I don’t now how to say this, but I already fixed the issue, unfortunately. A hearthling got stuck floating above the town’s hearth. All that was needed was to move the hearth

1 Like

Do you know what happened that caused them to float. Like did they try walking over the Hearth, or did it get moved and placed near them, or something else?

Thanks!