Should my laptop be good enough to run Stonehearth?

Hey!

I am playing Stonehearth on my laptop at the moment and while it runs okay sometimes, at other times it runs extremely slowly. I’ve looked on the recommended specs and I’m fairly certain my specs surpass those, however I might be wrong.

These are my specs:

GPU: AMD Raedon R5 M335
GPU Specs:
Memory Size, 4096MB
Type, DDR3
Memory Clock, 900 MHz
Core Clock, 1070 MHz
CPU: Intel Core i7-6500U @ 2.5GHz
RAM: 16 GB

When running Stonehearth it does say that it is using Intel Graphics, however Stonehearth shows up in the AMD control center.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Honestly, your graphics card leaves a lot to be desired. It should run Stonehearth ok, but what are your settings in the game?

Try reducing the grapical settings. Reducing the number of lights helped a bunch, as does turning off shadow detail and max shadows.

I can run Stonehearth well on the lowest settings possible and my laptop’s specs are:

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620, 8256 MB
CPU: Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.7 GHz
RAM: 16 GB

The recommended specs for Stonehearth aren’t very much, but since the game is in alpha and have some performance issues when you have many hearthlings, I’m going to guess you’ll have some lag spikes at the least.

What I do is put a Hearthlings cap at 15 and it helps. :slight_smile:

Best,

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies.

My settings in game are at the lowest pretty much, I did manage to force the game to prioritise my AMD card and not the Intel graphics and now it runs a bit smoother, but still not amazing, especially at night.