Stonehearth unplayable lag (Alpha 16 unstable)

The game lags, 5-10 fps
50 fps in alpha 15- 64 bit version
Pc specs
-Ram: 4 gb
-Processor: intel core 2 duo CPU 3.00 GHz
-Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce 9300 GE

Stonehearth version i was playing: dev build: 2940

Hey @Cube1, could you share a few more details please? For performance related reports, we are going to need to know your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM), the exact version of Stonehearth you are playing, whether you are playing in 32-bit or 64-bit mode, and when in the game this occurred (at the start, or with how many Hearthlings if later in the game).

1 Like

Is it still this rig

?

2 Likes

Thanks @Relyss, the rest of my questions still apply @Cube1.

1 Like

50 fps in alpha 15- 64 bit version
Pc specs
-Ram: 4 gb
-Processor: intel core 2 duo CPU 3.00 GHz
-Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce 9300 GE

Stonehearth version i was playing: dev build: 2940

1 Like

Any news on this? :worried:

That system is pretty minimum spec, but you said you were getting 50 fps in Alpha 15?

If you post the stonehearth.log file, I can take a look and see if anything stands out.

1 Like

@Cube1 - Thanks for sending the log. The graphics driver looks a bit nonstandard and has no version number. It also looks like it was designed for an old version of OpenGL.

Can you try updating the drivers from here?:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

It says that it is already up to date.
Version: 341.95

Do you get this directly in a new game or an old save?

Directly in a new game

1 Like

Ok, thanks for trying! Tagging for @not_owen_wilson to take a look since we’ve made a lot of renderer changes since alpha 15.

1 Like

This also happened to me maybe this had something todo with it, So when i started a new alpha 16 world after like 4 minutes of playing and lagging,i decided to quit the game. When i quit the game it gave me an error something about horde3dengine.

If you get the error again, could you post it? Thanks!

Hi @Cube1,

Sorry for the wait; I was away from the office. Can you check the Stonehearth settings (by pressing ‘escape’ in the game and selecting ‘settings’) and verify all your graphics settings are turned down? If nothing there helps, we can try some more advanced tricks. Thanks!

Everything was turned off