Settlers stop mining

Title: Settlers stop mining

Summary: After a while all hearthlings stop mining even if there is still stuff to mine. When I assign mining areas they sometimes start mining but then do nothing but sitting idle at the campfire. Saving and loading does work some times, but not for all hearthlings and does not work every time. Restarting the game has the same effect.

Steps to reproduce: As far as I know there isn’t really a step by step guide to reproduce this bug but I will describe the steps that I did in the game

1. Start the game as usual
  2. Order to cut down a large a mount of trees
  3. Make a few large storage piles (set to accept only wood)
  4. Appoint someone to farmer (not sure if this is necessary, but in the games I played this was something I always did)
  5. Make 4 11x11 farms with carrot, pumpkins, corn and turnip and a storage pile set to foods and drinks
  6. Order hearthlings to mine (not sure if the size is important but usually I order them to mine a reasonable large area)
  7. Wait until they stop mining (which is something I have no clue about when that is)

Expected Results: Mine until the assigned area is mined

Actual Results: Stop midway with mining and sit idle at the campfire (and haul stuff if there is stuff to haul)

Notes: In an alpha 12 dev build they continued mining (although if the site was a bit too far they wouldn’t). In the attachment you can see the hearthlings idling while there is still stuff to mine. The area is also not in “suspend mining” mode.

Attachments:

Versions and Mods: alpha 13dev2710, no mods

System Information: Windows 8 pro 64-bits, Intel core i5-4460, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6570, NVidia GeForce 8600

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mining Task - Stalls