S.M.O.M - Stonehearth Music Overhaul Mod

In all honesty @tyrcian I wish I could criticise it, I wish I had the ability to offer anything in the way of criticism but unfortunately I’m not musically knowledgeable enough to comment.

The only thing I can add is that perhaps the volumes of some of the instruments need to be tweaked here and there; the violin (is it a violin?) that comes in around the minute mark for example does occasionally get a bit too lost in the background if you know what I mean?

Apart from that, to me it sounds incredible. It fits the bill perfectly for what you intended it to be and yer, I have nothing else to add, it’s great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Sorted those issues. You should have a better experience if you check the latest video. It’s a shame YouTube doesn’t have a “replace video” feature, I keep having to change the listing to private and then uploading as a new video.

It’s best to get this done asap as I wan’t to keep all those likes and views :smile:

@SteveAdamo Could you perhaps move this into the Fan Media section? Maybe when this is an actual mod we can move it back?

Thanks in advance

done and done… :+1:

Thank you very much kind sir!

@tyrcian The new Northmen track is fantastic. The pulsing strings and choral arrangements in the chorus give it such an epic feel. Well done!

2 Likes

An enourmous titan beast appears. Your people must take up arms against it! Or flee…

1 Like

Hey guys feel free to check out my website over at www.trscomposer.co.uk

Also if anyone feels like donating some money to help my musical ventures, that would be great.

Should hopefully get the Titan track done by next week so stay tuned!

These sound really good. Just wondering, how do you create these beautiful pieces of music?

1 Like

I use my musical knowledge combined with DAW software and sample libraries.

Thanks for listening!

@tyrcian I have never cried from listening to music for games… But the big manly qube tears are a flowin from an override of clarity from what I’ve been missing out on. If I ever make a game, you’re the first one I’m coming to!

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Minion! :smile:

some very heartfelt and deep comments… :wink:

It’s great to hear that my work is appreciated.
Hope you like what is to come.

Tom

I look forward to it!
It may have been mentioned somewhere in the 72 comments before this one but sadly I’m notoriously lazy
Is there anywhere to download this music without scraping it off youtube?
And second, if the aforementioned question’s answer is yes where? and what are your thoughts on it being used in videos? credit would be given of course

I don’t believe so… but stay tuned! one or more of the tracks may very well end up gracing @Doug’s community soundtrack… :+1:

2 Likes

You could always just ask me :stuck_out_tongue:
In fact I’ll message you with some mp3 files and although I’d appreciate a small donation through my website it is not compulsory. Thanks

1 Like

Hi guys, just a quick update!

First of all this mod isn’t dead! I’ve just been rather distracted with Christmas and January assignments at Uni, so they’ve had to take priority.

Secondly, I’ve been asked to provide some music for the community soundtrack whenever that kicks off, so I’ll be focusing on that too. I won’t be using music from SMOM in the community music I compose, so all the tracks above are still valid as being a part of SMOM. :smile:

Third! I’m moving into a flat in Leeds to be closer to my studies, so that’s going to take up some time over the next few weeks, but as soon as I’m settled, I’ll begin working on this again to further the expansion of my portfolio.

Tom

1 Like

Congrats!

Awesome! Looking forward to it :blush:

1 Like

wow, congratulations! :+1:

excellent! cant wait to hear some additional tracks… :smiley:

we’ve had a bit of a dry spell… come on (musically inclined) folks! my ADHD isnt going to address itself!

@Smokestacks, let’s here some more of your piano work… :wink:

1 Like

I think the next few tracks will just be grassland type tracks because that’s all that’s in the Beta, I can start adding tracks appropriately as soon as more content is added to the game.

TLDR. Going to release the mod asap.

1 Like