Robo(t) Mod by chimeforest

Yay! I hope you enjoy it, especially since I forgot to mention THIS:

(dramatic pause)

TADA!

I added the Stoneworker(Prototype) to the mod! He doesn’t do anything yet, he just flaps his arms and looks at you sideways in the most adorable way possible :smile:

alsoupdatedto0.03.1b/ciforgottoaddwoolandclothsoyoucanactuallymakethecomfychargingstation

So, umm… yeah, ENJOY!

4 Likes

Hey there @chimeforest, awesome update and I thank you for it! :smiley:

This is what I noticed so far:

• If a robot gets promoted to the carpenter and he starts his animation, you don’t see the saw.
  • A comfy bed needs 3 cloth, and 4 wood. However… 3 cloth = 15 spools of thread = 30 wool = 30 wood. just saying that… 34 wood for a comfy bed seems a bit out of proportion?
  • Last but not least! The stoneworker(prototype) is AWESOME :smiley:

There is absolutely no offence in this post (if any is taken) just supportive criticism.

he does look adorable… and you managed to capture the image in mid-breakdancing pose… multi-talented!!

1 Like

Those are the original numbers for the recipes Radiant put in. :wink: I feel like they are intended to be expensive to make.

1 Like

AH! If this is indeed the case, then I’ve said nothing! :slight_smile: Sorry haha

Just catching up on this thread after a long hiatus. Amazing work! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries :smiley:

As for the saw, you also can’t see it floating above the workbench either. This is because the floating saw uses the same qb as when it’s in your hand. And since the Carbenter-Bot has a saw attachment for his arm… well it just looks weird when he uses his saw arm to hold a saw to saw wood, lol
So I temporarily made it invisible. Eventually, I’m going to try and mess with the lua files so you can’t see it when he holds it, but for now,we’re just going to make do :smile:

I’m glad you like the prototype, I’m still working out exactly how to give him all the worker stuff, without having him being able to promote, So I’m not sure when he’ll actually be able to work, lol
I also need to redo his model and get him more animations :smiley:

Thanks! I’m glad you think so :smiley:

1 Like

Update to v0.04 for r41

Updated to r41
Added: (temporary) icons for charging station recipes
Updated: charging station recipe names and descriptions

Also, with the new profession upgrade system, the bug @Ghost noticed about the saw is no longer an issue :smiley:

4 Likes

yay! Downloading it straight away! :smiley:

2 Likes

congrats, and good progress!

assuming I can get the client to play nice, I have a number of mods to you with this weekend! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for disturbing you.
But is there a small chance you’ll go back to modding with this thing? :smile:
I loved it all the way :3

1 Like

No disturbance at all ^^
There is a small chance.
I’m approaching a nexus in my life, and as a result I’m going to be very busy for the next few weeks and possibly some time after that.
So until it all gets setteled, I’m not going to have much time to keep updating this mod.

2 Likes

love the phrasing… :smile:

best of luck, and we’ll be here when you’re ready… :+1:

3 Likes

Hey there @chimeforest Hopefully the nexus is going well!
Just want to let you know! There is still some love for your mod :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Funny you should mention it, I started playing stonehearth again last week and I’ve been flexing my modding muscles :wink:

I’m still mid-nexus, but I’ve guess I’ve reached a clam in the center? lol. I’m not currently working on this mod, but it is definitely on my list of things which I want to continue, especially since you guys liked it so much :smile:
There is so much I would like to do with this mod, and so many places it could go ^^

However, I will let you in on a little secret, I’ve been working on another mod which should be up and published within the next could days, don’t tell anyone okay? :wink:

4 Likes

That is great news! :slight_smile:
I’m guessing it won’t be easy picking up on the robo-mod since stonehearth has gone through so many changes!
Don’t worry! I won’t say a word! I’ll be patiently waiting :wink:

3 Likes

It would definitely not be an easy task. For one thing, all of my qb models would have to be converted from “left-handed” to “right-handed”, since that is the way things are now. I’d also have to redo most of the json files. The manifest file is probably still okay, but I’m sure everything else would need updated.

When I do get back to this mod, I’m most likely going to drop the stoneworker, at least for a little bit, so I can focus on just getting the core of the mod to work again. =[

In other news: TaDa, I completed the base of my other mod :smile:

1 Like

nice i really whanna have this mod but the downloads are dead

1 Like

The link it down!!!

Hello Everyone,

This mod is horribly out of date, and I’m am not going to be able to update it for some time. I work 7 days a week at a couple of traditional jobs and have also been commissioned to make some software on the side. If it were possible to make a living wage modding Stonehearth I would do that, but I don’t think that is something which is feasible.

Perhaps someday I’ll be able to mod again for Stonehearth, but it’s probably a couple years off.
Please see my post on the Colors Mod page for the full story.

Thank you for understanding,
Sincerely,
Chimeforest