[Res] Stockpile issues involving food

Right, the settings are definitely ignored. However, did anybody else notice that items in them were ignored by the citizens, as if they didn’t exist? I only noticed this for food, as described in the original post. This may not have been related to stockpile issues at all, especially now that it seems everybody noticed the stockpile settings being broken as an independent issue. Still, has anybody else had citizens complain about not having food even though there was food (or getting old food types over new ones even though they’re bored with the old type—that may of course be for similar reasons if they somehow don’t see the new food as existent)?

So far I’ve only had 1 case of a settler whining about food when there was plenty. Had Berries,Turnips, Corn and complained about being hungry. But there was no hungry symbol and he ate when everyone else took a lunch break before and after. So I think it was just a random whine script :wink:

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder if it could have been something similar in my case. I did see many more complaints than just one, though.

i can confirm this as well, but not the behavior listed in the bug report…

I fixed the ghost item problem when deleting a stockpile while fixing the caravan scenario bug: http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/caravan-scenario-related-error-messages/6627/2

Still need to look into the stockpile filters.

3 Likes

Ok, stockpile filters are now fixed for the next patch. Thanks again for the bug report!

3 Likes

thanks @Albert! [tagged]

and by my calculations, you were up around, what… 2AM working on this? :godmode:

Well, it’s set to resolved, but the bug report also included the whole “complaining about lack of food even though it’s there” issue. That wasn’t dealt with yet, was it?

ahh, good point… I suppose we can see what happens next week… :blush:

1 Like

Ha, yes, I work some strange hours. Easier to get stuff done when everyone else is asleep. :wink:

@Phagocytosis - Not sure if the food problem was related. Let’s keep that issue open until folks can test the next patch.

4 Likes

Seen again in R122 I think.

27:00.

Also this, same timestamp.

My villagers are broken into 2 camps: those on a hunger strike or who only eat berries, and those who eat anything and everything they can. Tad unfortunate really. I took a screenshot of the town overview with my food stockpile showing at the bottom.

Yes, I reported this as part of this post. I did indeed find this in the latest release as well.

1 Like

as did I i just never got around to saying anything tell now

Doh! Sorry about that @Phagocytosis. Did a quick forum search but didn’t see a similar subject line. My bad.

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile: I have trouble finding relevant posts too sometimes. And this one in particular was kind of hard to find given that it was about a few different issues that at the time were difficult to tease apart.

1 Like

You are very much a bug hunting machine. You can fined just about any post and can get very in depth!

1 Like

@Phagocytosis is indeed a machine, but overall I am very impressed with this community of bug hunters!

let’s merge this thread though, shall we? :smiley:

3 Likes

Tis very fun to hunt bugs for this game idk why lol

2 Likes

Not quite sure if this topic is relevant for it anymore but I found another topic that was certainly relevant and that was merged with this one, so I figured I’d go back here as well (even though it’s already set to resolved and it might be a different cause this time).

In R223, I got a gripe for a hearthling going a whole day without food when a lot of food was available in the stockpile. See attached video at 32:45; the complainant in question was a new arrival to the town (26:54), but not sure if that could have something to do with it.