A14 - Food not properly stocked

Summary:
At some point in the game my heartlings stop putting food in the designated stockpile until I delete that stockpile and place a new one. The AI is fully green and all heartlings are idle. The Stockpile is set as set as follows: all options disabled except food containers and raw food. Turning them on and of does not work, nor does reloading the game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a stockpile to store raw and food containers
  2. Wait a while.
  3. See results

Expected Results:
Heartlings keep putting food in the stockpile.
Actual Results:
They stop putting food in that stockpile…;
Notes:
It runs fine for a time. My guess is that it has something to do with reload and saving or when food goes bad. SInce it always happens (as far as I can tell) after I loaded my game or when food starts to go bad.

Suggestions:

• Seperate category for animal food
  • Cooked food should contain only food that was made by the cook
  • Raw food is everything that comes from hunting, animals
  • Baskets should contain all edible plants/ingredients

Version Number and Mods in use:
A14 519 - No mods

1 Like

Do you still have the save where this is occurring? Can you upload it for the devs (like @yshan) to review?

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

np :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll load it up as soon as I get home

1 Like

If they leave the items in the ground, then yes it is a bug. But are they putting in another stockpile? Cause that would not be a bug, they simple put items in any stockpile that allows it, they do not show a preference for a specialized stockpile.

nope, they leave it on the ground. I have only one stockpile for food.

I tested it by letting the heartlings complete their remaining tasks like building and when that was all done, the only task remaining was putting the food in the stockpile, which they didn’t do. Not until I removed the stockpile and placed a new one. This happened multiple times in my game.

Also the hearthling therapist had all boxes checked, so they were allowed to put the food in the stockpile.

1 Like

I had this same bug, or similar to it anyway. It only happened once in the course of my game, though. I initially assumed it might have been a pathing error or something like that due to my main food stockpile being on the second floor of a building.
I didn’t delete the stockpile though, I just made a new stockpile outside next to my farms and they instantly started using that one. All the meat jerky’s lying around in my trapping grounds and the food in my farms was snapped up in to the stockpile with gusto.

Another part of the issue may be categories you have set. Was it specific food items not going in to the stockpile? Or all food items?
In my game, the raw meat (jerky and all that) was set to the cooked food section… God knows why. (well, I can say that for certain for fox jerky at the very least). Same with eggs, poyo feed, bale of wheat & corn meal are all cooked food too. It may be a contributing factor? I’m just throwing possibilities around.

Addendum - After looking a little closer at my own game, I’ve noticed that stockpiles have gaping big gaps in them that aren’t being used. I’d agree the most likely cause is probably the rotting food when it eventually disappears, it may still be ‘using’ the stockpile spot where it once sat. Food grave!

1 Like

Update

So I was trying to find a save that shows the problem right of the bat. And then I noticed the same thing @Wuelfe mentions.

It seems the space in the stockpile isn’t cleared after the rotten food disappears.

2 Likes