Random idea: alternate titan, dragon lord

One thing I have noticed about the titan is it is heavily destruction based. So I have an idea for another titan.

Dragon lord Serra (name random)

info: this dragon desends on towns who make a name for themselves in wealth and trade. She can not be beaten through pure strength of muscle but must be appeased to make her leave.

Calling the titan: town is gifted an empty basket and told to fill it with gold if you do. you call in the dragon for this fight.

Titan health: goes down if you make their crafting, and trade requests as well as wealth requests and food requests. This one is purely a crafting fight.

type of titan events.

hungry welps: The dragon requests that you have X meat based food by Y days when those days arrive a kobold will enter the town and take the supplies before leaving thanking you.

The horde must grow: gain X gold in Y days

Crops for the kobolds: The kobolds are requesting food, will you give it to them?

Shiny things: give ore or bars of metal to the dragon

building up the lair: produce a high quality item nomrally stone based lights or turrets.

This titan can have multipul requests at once, failing to apease it will lead into combat with welps which are smaller and can light hearthlings on fire, beating them will give half what the reward was for completeling the task.

When the event ends, the titan will leave, but not before giving your town a gift a single dragon egg.

I know the current titan is meant to avoid the, town destroyed by dragon trope, but this one is a less destructive one not out to destroy the town but to get what it can from the town, with some of its objectives being being trades like you give it gold bars it gives you cloths or tools.

Reward: dragon egg

info: can be placed like any other item, once placed and if it has enough heat (lights around it) it will hatch into a welp that will protect the town and produce scales which can be sold for a high price.

7 Likes

Wondering if I over detailed this.

THough I did word something wrong. The multiple requests at once. Combat would only happen if you fail all active requests. I think they would come in bursts of 3.

1 Like

I like your idea :slight_smile:

But how about going the other way.
Health does not get down but appeasement goes up if you feed the dragon.
If you fail to appease the dragon, you will have to fight.

5 Likes

Groms that is a better idea then mine for health.

1 Like

And then failing individual requests could just lower appeasement instead of triggering instant fighting. Only if you dropped below zero appeasement would it trigger a fight. So if you can’t complete one or even a whole series of requests, as long as you’ve made some progress you won’t have to instantly transition into military mode. And maybe you start 10% of the way through the appeasement meter so that you have some wiggle room for the first requests.

4 Likes

Thinking about it a little more, the appeasement swings between succeeding and failing a request could all be the same value, e.g., 100, but if it’s an easier request you get less for success and lose more for failing, and vice versa for harder requests. For example, an easy request might give you +25 for succeeding and -75 for failing, a normal one would give you +60 for succeeding and -40 for failing, and a hard one might be +90 for succeeding and -10 for failing.

Edit: I realized later that this actually makes no sense mathematically. If you complete any one request, you’re down 25, and if you complete any two, you’re up 75. So the range of the swings needs to be larger to encourage doing the harder ones.

Perhaps something like (-50, 20); (-30, 60); (-10, 100). That way you’re always better off completing the harder ones if you can, and not punished too much if you can’t. If you only do the easy one, you’re losing appeasement; if you’re only doing the medium one, you’re breaking even; and only doing the hard one gives you a small gain. Doing any two gives a larger gain, especially if it’s the harder ones, and doing all three helps you progress even more.

3 Likes

lets say you have to get 10,000 points to appease the dragoness (cause lets face it a female one would be funny for the stereotyping.)

You can start between 500 and 3,000 based on how you do the offering

basic offering: gold only = 500
moderate offering: gold, gold bars, high value loot items x3 =1,500
offer of wealth: gold, gold bars, 2 high quality furnature items, 5 high quality loot items, and some high value food items. = 3,000

after that you gain or lose points based on tasks with the following being task type orders

easy, easy, medium
easy, medium, medium
medium, medium, hard
easy, hard, hard

with points from tasks being calculated together so that the player needs to make two out of the three tasks to progress on average with 1 of the tasks to not fail. based on which task group you will have the following

easy, easy, medium
0=-100 points
1=0 point
2=100 points
3= 250 points

easy, medium, medium
0=-250 points
1= 0 points
2=250 points
3= 400 points

medium, medium, hard
0=-300 points
1=0 points
2=500 points
3= 750 points

easy, hard, hard
0=-1,000 points (highest negative but if you fail the easy that is on you)
1=0
2=750 points
3=1,500 points

these are just a rough idea. But I think the overall should be based on the burst of three tasks.

that said. I do doubt this idea, will ever be more then a fan idea.

I just realized one thing that would be a pain.

The dragon its self, they would have to be an on map item, unlike the other titan maybe landing in a mountain and quickly building a base similar to Dragon Roost (Warcraft III) - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

Why’s that? Why can’t your interactions with it be through quest/trade dialogs?

I don’t know why I got that idea into my head.