Quests and Training

hello, its been a while since i played… and posts some threads, ive seen a lot of improvements (thank you very much DEVS!) and was really happy about it…

QUESTS = so i was wondering if the game will be implementing some kind of QUESTS, ex. an AI small village in need of food, tools etc, or needing some military assistance(triggered if you have 2 or more soldiers) or utilities assistance (requesting your carpenter or mason’s help)… or even asking for some minor stuffs like mining some ores for them… and in return they will increase your peoples moral or some other rewards…

TRAINING = for this one i was thinking of having a school or training camp that can be build and run by someone who has a high stats. like having a barracks for my soldiers to train and increase their proficiency in battle(get some exp somehow), or a agricultural school to help your farmers do their job properly and much faster…

well thats it, i didnt point out all the minor details im sure some curious players will expand this… thanks in advance…

1 Like

Hey there @nimrod_adenir,

Just to throw in my two cents, I completely agree with both of your ideas! Not to go too crazy with my fantasy version of this game, but there’s another game coming out, “Folk Tale” being developed by Games Foundry… which by the way, I’d recommend checking out…

Anyway, in their game, they have a system of where you can build up a town, troops, resources, what have you, and then later in the game be given quests. The quests stem from the minor to the major, with minor being in the category you mentioned, getting resources, killing an enemy raider or two, etc., etc., from the major, which requires much more!

For instance, with these major quests, you can build up any sort of military force you feel is suitable for the mission, pack up, and then load into a different map and or ‘quest area’ itself. Now, I’m not sure to what extent Stonehearth plans to go with quests, or if they even truly are confirmed to be in the game, but… Well, all I really can say to hopefully quickly quench your thirst for adventure is that Radiant does plan to add Dungeons of some sort. They haven’t said much about that either, but it’s a start.

Here’s one of the songs, and only a little snippet of it at best, that you’ll hear in said dungeon(s):

Now, I can also say with a huge smile on my face that both of the ideas you presented are very common asked for things for the game, so maybe there’s hope! But we shall have to wait and see!

Regards,
Surly

1 Like

Haha, I feel and agree! I recently got back to SH from a longer break and I was amazed at the amount that had been added to the game. Welcome back though! :smiley: [quote=“nimrod_adenir, post:1, topic:17961”]
QUESTS = so i was wondering if the game will be implementing some kind of QUESTS, ex. an AI small village in need of food, tools etc, or needing some military assistance(triggered if you have 2 or more soldiers) or utilities assistance (requesting your carpenter or mason’s help)… or even asking for some minor stuffs like mining some ores for them… and in return they will increase your peoples moral or some other rewards…
[/quote]
This’d be really cool! Especially for late-game towns where perhaps you could have something as in if you have enough quests done you could get a small discount in the shops that come around or something such that aswell![quote=“nimrod_adenir, post:1, topic:17961”]
TRAINING = for this one i was thinking of having a school or training camp that can be build and run by someone who has a high stats. like having a barracks for my soldiers to train and increase their proficiency in battle(get some exp somehow), or a agricultural school to help your farmers do their job properly and much faster…
[/quote]
This’d be really cool! And I think I read somewhere that someone had suggested that you could perhaps have some sort of researching and this’d be a cool different way of implementing it if you ask me. You could make it so the training camp can be used to improve your workers in that specific area.
Perhaps such as Health/Damage for Warriors, Speed for farmers(?) and so on
Or:
You could research on the specific job. So perhaps fertilizer for Farmers, better tools for workers (Build quicker), and other general improvements for different jobs!

I realize now that I kinda hijacked this thread with the research aswell but just to show I didn’t mean to I’ll say again that I think your idea is really cool and it’d be interesting to see how the devs would implement this if they do!

when will this come out?

@nimrod_adenir,

Who knows… We’ll just have to wait and see buddy!

-Surly