Premade Building VS My Custom Made Building

hello guys, its really annoying how my hearthlings just dont finish every custom building i try to make, sometimes i get error while constructing, error when i click on BUILD and even error while building the said building… i have a photo here on what happened…

PS. my this custom building was constructed 1st, but after building it almost halfway, i got errors, they stopped building it. and after some restarting and game reloading they were able to do it until this happned…

they just left it, the building is almost 90% complete and the only missing are these the freaking doors and windows (fyi i used diamond shaped doors and reinforced doors)… i also have a 2door at the top room and they placed it dont know if using the diamond and reinforced is the cause of the problem…

and here u see a custom made building got it from a mod in this site.

they finished it without even a single error or problem… tsk… wasted my time for trying to create a custom building… (/-_-)/ anyone had the same problem??

2 Likes

Not recently… in previous versions, the visual lay-out ingame of my custom buildings sometimes turned red, and then nobody dared touch it anymore. The problem mostly came up with curtains or other wall decorations. But I didn’t see that in alpha 10 anymore…

Sometimes, they pause in the middle of building and do other chores for a while and then suddenly come back to finish the house - especially when I use the LOOT command to pick up stone and ore in caves or wood where I chopped down a few trees.

Most important question here is probably: Do you have the missing windows and doors in your town inventory? Maybe your carpenter is busy picking daisies and ignoring his workshop…

I have the same Problem, larg houses will not be build.
If my hearthlings care, they will start digging for the base but they will not start building it.
And if they do not care, they even don’t start digging

They care less about buildings with stairs in it and floors with “holes” and buildings with balcony or terrace.

1 Like

i have all of them… i mean all. complete, but still haiz… ahaha annoying it is. really cant build a good custom building if this always happen… ill try not using the reinforced and the diamond window see if theres going to be any changes

1 Like

i feel you, needs 20 characters to post a reply… meh

1 Like

I think this is a simple building with two stairs in it:

But my little grumblers do not want to build it

2 Likes

OK, since someone will have to ask the stupid questions, I volunteer to do so…

You DO have stones in your stockpile, don’t you?

2 Likes

Yeah stupid question :smiley: hehehe
(But a question which has to been asked)

I have both enough stone and wood (got wood? yes)

Edit:
Checked over 100 wood and stone

1 Like

of course man… and besides. all the stone works are done the only needed parts are the doors, windows and some more blocks to fill the gap which is wood not stones ^^

Hey Everyone, it’s hard to write a hearthling AI that knows how to get to every single possible permutation of building–which is where you come in! If you have a building that they just cannot build, please start a brand new game, draw out the exact same building that they get stuck on, and send us the save file. We’ll take a look and see what we’re missing.

Hopefully by the time the game is done, they’ll be able to get to lots more building structures than they can right now.

4 Likes

how do i send the save file? and where to send ^^

if you upload it to a file sharing site (like dropbox) and provide us with the link to the download that would work.

2 Likes

doesnt have a dropbox… and where can i find the saved file of the building… how about mega? or google drive?

any of those will work, it can be any file sharing website, dropbox was just an example.

[quote=“nimrod_adenir, post:13, topic:14525”]
and where can i find the saved file of the building
[/quote]if your playing on steam go to,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

2 Likes

Here you go

2 Likes

hello… here u go this is the building, i hope it will help you… ill try making other buildings too and see if they wont build it also…

also here is the picture on what happened to my 3rd trial

heres another view…

one last time…

thank you in advance

Linked is a new save with 2 buildings that the workers will not begin construction:

http://1drv.ms/1KxKIuz

I am running the latest dev build (2598). The same building without the walls will construct. I think this may have to do with the floor scaffolding trying to intersect the walls.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, everyone! We’re looking into it.

2 Likes

@sdee, do these building work now?