I cant make custom buildings

Basically the game wont let me make any custom buildings.

I was just making a wall of slabs around my town and it just stopped letting me use any blocks, like slabs, floors, foundations, nothing, i cant use anything. This is the crash report i get.

release-707 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:471: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:245: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:256: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:250>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:471: in function ‘can_start_blueprint’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:885: in function ‘_start_project’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:566: in function ‘_updates_state’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:555: in function 'obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:83: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Just to clarify, did you try to reload the game and see if it fixes it?
If not, could you upload a save se the @moderators can look into it?

It should be where you installed your game

I reloaded the game 5 times and it didnt help, instantly as i loaded my world the error message pops up and i cant build anything.

okay, then can you upload the save for the others to see?

as i said, it should be located where you have your game installed

usually
C - Program Files (X86) - steam - steamApps - common - Stonehearth

just zip it up and upload it here of via other methods like gDrive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwr321o73dw1cUVDSUdoY0FyYmM/view?usp=sharing

Idk how this works sorry, is it like this?

it works!, thanks

Sadly i’m not one of the Devs nor am i that good at programming, so someone from the team has too look this up, i doubt it’s actually Fixable sorry, you’ll probably have to start a new game if you want to build again, but your report will surely help catch some bugs and improve the game in general

i’ll page the @moderators again just to be sure

Alright thanks, aprecciate the help.

I hope i can continue the world tbh, i had smt big going on in it.
You might have even seen it xD

1 Like

Still hang onto that save though! Maybe make a backup of it, maybe we could figure out a way to fix it later on

I’ve had this issue happen to me on two separate saves thus far (my most recent two). In the latest run through I was designing and attempting to construct my first building and the hearthlings won’t even break ground on it. Nor can modify or erase or remove any part of the blueprint. I’ll upload both saves here this evening.

On a side note, I’ve had Stonehearth now for approximately three weeks, started at least a dozen saves, all of them Ascendency, not once have I been able to get a monument built to reach town status due to a major game breaking bug, and there is no consistency with which bug it is. I’m not complaining, I have done almost exclusively Alpha and Early Access games over the last four years, dozens of them. So this kind of thing I’m pretty used too, but when it’s starting to get a little frustrating for me, something is up.

I’ve watched lots of Youtube videos of folks playing this game, it’s what got me to try it, but not once have I been able to play the game for more than a couple hours before some game crippling bug trashes the game world and the only way for me to recover it is to open the command console. This happens both with and without mods, and I’ve only tried the Ascendency on either passive or normal difficulty, and have yet to reach even the first major milestone in the game.

I’ll upload all my saves if that helps any, but it seems the building engine really does not like my system and refuses to cooperate. Like I stated earlier, it’s gotten to the point where I can’t even build one building before hitting a massive immersion breaking, world breaking, game halting bug or error.

Cheers

Thats really unfortunate. Hope they could fix these bugs.

Sidenote, i actually got tired of seeing the only save on which this post was made and i deleted it, but i just made the same world again and started from 0 and im 99% done with the whole wall i was making in which it crashed or gave me a bug, but now, my hearthlings refuse to finish the building, im only missing a bit of a small bridge and they wont build it for some reason, @moderators Any help on this aswell? Ill add the zipped world file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwr321o73dw1Qk1TVldnVFZ2aEE/view?usp=sharing

Had this issue before and i got it fixed by removing the building and re-building it but, this time its quite a big building so i rather not remove it… Its taken a LONG while for my hearthlings to build it to the point where it is now, even being sped up 3x. @8BitCrab

Hey there Korui -

I took a look into your wall issue, and I’m sorry to say I don’t know what’s wrong with it in particular (I am letting the rest of the team know so they can look into it) - but I can say… this is a HUUUGE building. You’ll have a lot more success, at least at first, if you try building smaller structures… then work your way up to larger things like this. Just trying to move around in your game was actually causing lag for me : /.

Also try to avoid building structures near the edge of a cliff - so you don’t have scaffolding built down onto terrain that is hard to reach.

Also - if you REALLY want to build stuff like this but it just isn’t working, you can turn on the debug tools (its a mod in the settings when you first start the game - before you load) and then shift+click and then click ‘instabuild’ - which will complete the building even from a ghost model.

@Korui, see that green line of blocks in this screenshot of the entrance?

You need to make a ladder to reach it, and they’ll resume building.

Alright thanks, and yes, it is a huge building xD.

Ive done a lot of smaller ones but this time i decided to go big or go home and came up with this and the spot was perfect for it, i know it causes lag but i dont really mind it that much. Sometimes it gets annoying but it is what it is.

That being said, i was just wondering but, is there a way to minimize lag for towns that are big so they dont cause lag? Or is it lagging cause the game is having a hard time processing the size of it?

Perfect, thank you!

Also how did you get those green lines and red zones to show up? Was it the “show hearthling pathing” option?

My reasoning to have the hearthlings build it was this, i hope the file works.

Thank you for the help @malley and @Relyss without it, this building wouldnt of been finished.

Here is the completely finished building :slight_smile:

Of course im not done with the whole town yet, there will be a lot more to come. :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice walls!
A little tip, you probably design the entire wall as a single piece? You could do multiple builds, like build just a piece of the wall, then when that finishes, you start the next, and so on. This way it will be easier to manage the construction too. And if one day you need to upgrade or change something, you can demolish just one piece of the wall instead of the entire thing.

1 Like

It actually was at the time of desingning in 4 pieces but then i connected them all.
I actually get your point about if i need to fix something i could just demolish that piece of the building.
Didnt think of that when i started making it… Thanks for the tips though :slight_smile: