Unable to continue building/making new builds in game because of error

Summary:
I had built a one block wide wall all along the perimeter of my base. Then I wanted to expand it to make a several blocks wide wall so my hearthlings could walk on it (so the archers could attack invaders from above). I started putting down some walls with a custom flat roof and some blocks on top to make like a castle like wall. All of a sudden I was unable to put down more blocks. When placing new walls, the game will act like they got placed, but nothing would happen. I deleted part of what I had designed but now I am unable to remove the last part of the design and when trying to build it instead, the hearthlings never build it. When I click “start building”, close the building window and open it again, I can click “Start building” again. I am completely unable to build anything now - even other buildings away from the wall. I tried reloading the game several times and do a check of the game cache. When starting the game, I get the following error:

release-663 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:361: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:361: in function ‘can_start_blueprint’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:816: in function ‘_start_project’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:605: in function ‘_updates_state’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:594: in function ‘obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:83: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build walls with custom blocks on top
  2. Delete and rebuild some blocks (changing my mind on the design during the build)

Expected Results: Being able to place blocks as desired and being able to start the build when done

Actual Results: Unable to place more blocks/walls and unable to place current blueprint.

Version Number and Mods in use: No mods installed

The only thing I build in this game so far is this wall:

Hey there @BanniBN, can you upload the affected save?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

2 Likes

This is the game file:

1476866653605.zip (6.8 MB)

Btw it’s alpha 18 I am playing in that game.

@BanniBN, can you try again in A19? I just loaded up your save and am able to build the short wall by the door, as well as a “Tiny Cottage” that I placed down from the built-in templates.

1 Like