Post your Alpha 4 Screenshots!

Welcome to Rabbitsong.
I’m assuming our leader could see the future and knew the trapper would tame a carnivorous rabbit as a pet.
This is a random I better shoot some video and splice it together that’s about 5 and a half minutes long. Only audio is in game audio. I bounced back and forth with the game speed.
The sunrise error you see at the first part of the video is the only time it showed up.
Which is talked about over here [Con] Sunrise error see screen shot

The walkway over the town has 2 purposes.
1 because I don’t have a choice where the scaffolding is placed and the workers needed to get back when the wall is finished.
2 it slows the goblins down.
Crop change. I keep reading where some of you make the ground fallow. I decided to show you what I do instead.
3 yeh yeh i know I said 2. But I wanted you to know I think sky/walkways are cool.

At about 1:60 I start to place a building. It was too close to the plants and the other house and I recovered from a previous save shortly after.
I then continued adding blocking walls to keep the goblins away.

Made it to day 21 and gave up. You can see the error generated in the last 30 seconds of the vid when I try to build.
To duplicate that error start a game in an open area and make a huge floor like you’re going to make a building 20 acres in size. You will get it every time. I’m not sure I think it has something to do with ground rise and fall and possible obstacles.
I could continue making carpentry items or promoting a weaver and stocking the houses with things but with that error no more building can be done.

2 Likes

Heres mine, using building as a gate to outside the walls.

7 Likes

Good idea! I might give this a go.

1 Like

Oh yes make sure when your connecting a building with the wall, extend from the corner of the building to connect with the wall section, or else the game will crash.

1 Like

I decided to do a Great wall of China type thing, But, its actually the small wall of Blackwood

this … is all sorts of interesting… :+1:

opens up a host of new design ideas… and coupled with the “house as part of a wall” over in the post your Alpha 4 Screenshots thread means we should start seeing more and more complex designs… :+1:

speaking of… any reason why you didnt want to post this over there?

1 Like

I guess you can move it, I just find it easier to update my own thread with pictures. You move it though @SteveAdamo

Didn’t you make another thread to do that some time ago? o_o
What we don’t want is people creating new topics every time they want to show screenshots, that’s why that topic was made (well… it was because we were posting bugs and funny screenshots in a development thread. :pensive: <- feels guilty)

2 Likes

Yes I know, I feels guilty now, I completely forgot about that one. If @SteveAdamo could move that over there or move both over t what you mentioned plzdo. Srry I’m soforgetful sometimes. :blush:

1 Like

While modding (read hamfisted smashing things in to the manifest) I managed to break something that allowed me to infinitely place my banner.

So obviously, I did just that!

:smiley:

8 Likes

The Goblins don’t stand a chance. :japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

you mean the villagers?

[quote=“EpicDwarf, post:168, topic:6450, full:true”]
The Goblins don’t stand a chance.[/quote]
Just until there will be a mob spawn for every single hearth :smiley:

See, the thing that more surprised me then anything is that said person (most likely you I assume) lives like 30 min away from me haha. Was laughing my ass off and then I saw that shenanigans.

XD That’s pretty awesome.

awesome! :smile:

i’m curious, did you see a performance hit with that many villagers roaming around?

3 Likes

Check out what happened in my town of Ardenfell! Such bravery, such Chivalry!.. Such Robbery!

Something I didn’t expect to see! Vio Nelvin, my bravest Villager, successfully robbed the kings of robbing! She snuck over to their stockpile, grabbed the wood and returned it to its rightful place! I laughed my head off watching it go down!

Who knew the Villagers could be so clever?

9 Likes

This is why we should have a “Thief” profession in Stonehearth.

To steal all of our stuff back ~with style.

6 Likes

Looks like an epic Stonehearth picnic!

Poor goblins…

1 Like

my town as of build 127, also, Pumpkins!!!

5 Likes