Post Your Alpha 10.5 Screenshots Here!

Man, I’m really falling behind on my own projects… working and studying German have been kicking the heck out of my free time! I’ll try to get something started over the weekend…

4 Likes

Too bad we don’t have seeds yet…

how do you manage to build that? My lua goes 100% and stays there for hours whenever I try to build anything higher than 2 floors!!!

Some of that lua has to do with how many items are in the world, One thing i like to do is build underground storage. and clean up a bit. (but with boxes coming that will be changed)

Another problem is the Ai is thinking, so make sure if your playing with goblins go out and clean them up. Less the Ai has to think. Last thing u can try is give your villagers a break. Party your whole town up. then set a destination. let them sit about 1 min, it reset their AI. so the computing is taking a break too.

1 Like

Update 8:

Day 7 of Warmun

Welp 4500 bugs issue hit me, massive lag

As far as i got

Update 9;

Day 12 of Warmun

6 Likes

Did you really make a tree out of gold? |D

yes i did. lol from scratch. but more consider it a Fall tree

@Solus i really like that last pic ^^ love the idea of the workbench and flags with living quarters

that 1st pic of the goblins at your campfire made me laugh

also love the pathway between the farms

here is some pic of waterbridge town i was working on…sadly got broken but i will always have these great pic’s to remember it… the idea for the town was to hav a town build over water atm im rebuilding it and these are old pic of the original broken town forgive me… i dnt know how to post images

overview of waterbridge town

don’t ask me why i have a random chair there…

oh forgot 1 more pic… this was the last pic i took of waterbridge before it broke

Thanks! Hey, we’re buddies on steam! :slight_smile: (Puma)

@Solus yep! we are steam buddies !

1 Like

ahh so I made a Viking ship, but im a bit so-so on how it came out. I would have like to give it a bit more of a curved feel, but eh ahah. ooh but if @Tom or @sdee had the urge to add the color green into the slab pallet I would be quite happy :wink: I have some building ideas that would use that color well.

ahh so here’s a front shot

and a side shot

ah wanted to do paddles on the side, but ooh man that was a bit tricky. I might build another one and try it out :frog:

10 Likes

Question, @brad. Is the upcoming supposed showcase intended to only focus on the 10.5 edition? I’m not too sure whether I can produce something pretty spectacular before Tuesday, so I wanted to ask if any previous builds of mine would be viable.

Granted, I’m still going to try and put something together when I have time, I just figured I would ask in case my schedule’s swamped.

2 Likes

Start of Silverthorn

A small Mining Town

Home of Ragnar and Lily
and Treetop Inn

2 Likes

i hope it’s on peaceful…if not then you might have a problem every night and unfortunate enemy spawns

this is quite simple compared to all these amazing towns that i have seen. so i guess i will start by showing a simple mining operation, i was going to make a template, but each item i built in this is a separate “building” so all in all it would be like 12 templates. and i am lazy… it looks horrible and insignificant when complared to everyone elses builds in this thread.

but i do plan on recording any builds like this in the future so that if people didn’t want a template and wanted the pleasure of making their own, i would do a tutorial or a timelapse depending on the build: terrible vids here

1 Like

The ship is already very good looking. But if you want some imput on how to improve it I would (where posible) raise the sides of the ship one more lvl (if it doesn’t kill the speed feeling it already has).
I would reduce the size of the shields and double their number.
Increase the heigth of the “neck” dragon, and, may be, make it thicker due to the size of head.
The “tail” could be more round and compact (no empty space in the centre).

I hope this helps.

Have fun, Kyth.

Here’s a little town i made.

11 Likes

hey there @SerialDrifter welcome to the discourse :smile:

i just embedded the photos of your town for you.

4 Likes