Poor performance - Stable Branch, 32 hearthlings

Love the game! Have been playing for a long time. :slight_smile:

In my current save, I’m having some major performance issues (game freezes or slows to a crawl). I’m on the stable branch. Performance issues resolve briefly if I save my game, exit, and restart. 5-10 minutes after a restart, performance degrades again.

I’ve got a lot of different things going on (lots of stockpiled resources, a few work queues, insane amounts of fertilized poyo eggs I can’t seem to get rid of, etc.) so am not sure what the root cause is. Only installed mods are building templates. Any help is much appreciated!

Save file: http://www.filedropper.com/1540143954906

2 Likes

Update: I removed a gate and that seemed to fix the performance issues. I’d delete this topic if I could!

2 Likes

Don’t worry. It can still be useful. If just removing a gate was enough to fix your lag, that is something they will want to check and fix if possible.

4 Likes

Oh good! If it helps someone, that’s great.

I felt a little silly once I read through other threads and learned that enemy pathing can be the culprit. At first, I thought having a gate was okay since it was passable for my Heathlings, but tried removing it just in case - and voila. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @ctrap :slightly_smiling_face:
I think your freezes/slowness shouldn’t happen in the unstable branch (even with the gate placed). So if you want, you can try loading your savefile in the unstable branch:

1. Go to your Steam Library and right click on Stonehearth
  2. Select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.
  3. Hop on over to the “Betas” tab
  4. In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” dropdown, choose “latest – The latest branch”

The unstable branch has the latest performance/bug fixes.

2 Likes

That is an excellent idea! I will try that out this evening and let y’all know how it works with the gate replaced.

2 Likes

All is well in good old Trillshire. As soon as I moved to unstable, everything became smooth as butter (with the town gated once again - safety first). Thanks so much for the suggestion - and thanks for all you do!

5 Likes