I can't really play anymore

I have 12 hours in and the game is super slow. There are minor freezes in the game (Not talking about saving points) and they will not build houses all the way. I have 2 houses that are half done and I have plenty of materials to build them. Hearthlings will not work and when they do everything goes sooooo slow that I fear the game crashing. I have turned my settings way down hoping it will help but nothing changes.I have received a few UI errors (sorry didn’t save them) I will try making a new game and leave this save alone for now.
I will say that I am new to “City Builder” games and maybe I am doing somthing wrong to cause this. Anyway any help would be appreciated because I really like this game and I was enjoying it.

Release-491(x64)
Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Ram: 12GB
GeForce GTX 960
Windows 10 x64

2 Likes

Hey there @Wenyerd, welcome to the Discourse. First off, with the game being in Alpha there are most definately performance issues that have to be worked out. That being said, the game is improving with each alpha, so if you want to give it a try check out the Latest beta branch on steam to see the recent Alpha 14 builds. Warning, lots of bugs in the Latest branch!

Alpha 13, release-491 has a major (confirmed by devs) memory leak in it, so that is likely what you are running into with your pretty beefy computer. If you don’t mind, uploading your save to this thread could be of use to the devs, as they are always looking into games that start to break down for users.

For information on the Steam Latest branch, check out Development – Stonehearth and scroll to the botton half.

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the folder, and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me. I was wondering why I didn’t have Alpha 14 and now I know. :slight_smile: I also do understand that it is pre-release it is why I posted here because helping you helps me. Anyway here is my save file, keep in mind I am new to these games, so any pointers would be awesome!
Thank you so much again. Going to go load the game up and try it out. I will let you know.

Wenyerd Save.zip (8.2 MB)

3 Likes

You are welcome, and thanks for the save! The devs are always collecting large saves that have performance issues, so I will page @Ponder and @sdee to see this one. Not sure what type of “pointers” you are looking for, but if you have any specific questions, shoot them at me and I will do my best!

1 Like

One thing. I was going to build a house, I got it all set up and I decided I didn’t like it but no I it will not go away. I never placed the building or agreed to build it. And now when I hit the “build” key I can see the house there and I can’t make any changes, delete, or anything. How do I fix that?

Btw…thank you again for showing me how to load the new Alpha. I was able to play (had to make a new town) and didn’t have really any problems at all. Well besides the one listed above.

:slight_smile: Wenyerd

1 Like

from the sounds of it you are experiencing this bug,

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/remove-building-bug/19210?u=8bitcrab

as far as i know there’s not a workaround for it yet :sweat:

1 Like

Firstly, welcome to the discourse xD, and secondly, I’ve had the exact same problem! But the creepy thing is that it happened right around when I reached 12hrs of game time!! But, like every glitch, I just waited it out and it went :confused:

1 Like