Game is Constantly jittery and freezes on a good pc

I’ll start by mentioning my computer specs:

Gtx 1060 6gb
i5 7600k
16gb DDR3 RAM

Now, i was playing the game quite normally until i go to 19 hearthlings and the game felt like it was dying even if i change the options to low, can’t figure out why since i’m able to run most modern games at 100+ fps on ultra…

Problems i encounter are things like: Unable to click menus, Significant latency and unable to open options or change speed. This is all due to the latency/delay there is and eventually leads to the game crashing.

Hey Tanken, welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Some questions:

• For how long had you been playing when the lag / performance problems started?
  • Are you running the stable or the unstable version?
  • Are you using any mods?
  • Does restarting that game make the game playable again even if for a short time?

Newest Unstable Version.
No mods other than default.
Unable to see if restarting works because i lost my larger save to the crash.
i have 27 hours in the game, about 5 hours in this run, only started once i had 19 hearthlings and only took about 10 minutes before is was unplayable and eventually crashed.

1 Like

Sad to hear you lost the savefile. :disappointed_relieved:

Do you have any other previous savefile with which we could reproduce the lag/crash?
If so, could you upload it?

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

If you haven’t played again since the crash, could you upload your stonehearth.log? It should be inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth

stonehearth.log (4.9 KB)

Just a quick question: Did you wall yourself or are you on tablelands where enemies have spawned in places they can’t get to your Hearthlings? Whenever I get stuttery the first thing I check is for enemies trying to path. It’s a known problem.

1 Like

Hey guys I encountered a similar problem here. Kind of memory leak I suppose.
I am on the latest build, release 854.
I play for a few hours (usually 2 or 3) and during that time Stonehearth’s memory usage starts to grow up to end up around 4Gb of Ram used and a hardly playable game. (lags when trying to open up a menu, etc…)
I am running with a Ryzen 3 1200, 8 Gb or Ram and a GTX 1050.

During the first 2 hours it’s usually fine I have no lag at all and I can play a very smooth game. My specs can keep up with at least 20 citizens, but the memory usage seems to kill my game.

When I close entirely the game and open it again it works well for an hour then it starts pumping Ram slowly but surely until I feel UI problems and have to close it again. It’s not that big a problem for me but I’m sure it should be helpful to know.

Have fun and thank you for reading me :slight_smile:

My town was built on flatlands so I couldn’t see how they couldn’t of got to me.

1528317846538.zip (4.8 MB)

Managed to get a recreation. Took a day. I’ll put logs here too.

stonehearth.log (1003.0 KB)

1 Like

Message me when you’ve looked at the save. Thanks