Placed item was moved instead of stockpiled item designated

Summary: I ordered a garden lantern to be placed from the stockpile, and my Hearthians instead moved an already-placed garden lantern nearby over to the designated spot. Not sure how to reproduce, but see attached video.

Attachments:
46:33

Versions and mods:
No mods; latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 393) x64, according to the title screen.

System information:
DxDiag 2015-06-07.txt (66.6 KB)

5 Likes

I’ve seen this happen sometimes too. It’s so random that it’s really hard to report anything useful about it though :frowning:

2 Likes

perhaps this is actually just the bug where a item gets placed but the “mini” version still stays.

edit: this one,

2 Likes

Similar and possibly related bug: When the carpenter makes a comfy chair, he’ll sometimes take a deployed chair to turn into the comfy chair despite having undeployed chairs in the stockpile.

i dont believe that carpenters are able to use undeployed chairs/beds to make comfy versions. at least i’ve never seen him do so.

Happen two times last night.lucky the carpenter only take beds i put outside. It will disaster if he steal beds inside building. I can assume the AI took nearest route to find X items and produce Y items, never care that is placed items or not

No, they’ll certainly take items from the stockpile to make comfy versions. They just like to use already placed ones for some reason (maybe because they are closer, maybe because they are older).

well they seem to value placed ones more then stockpiled ones, distance doesnt seem to have to do with it.

1 Like