Pics for Inspiration

Had a quick search, didn’t find anything related, but I really think this should exist:

Pictures for inspiration, i.e. real-world concept art. Is there anything you think looks nice or is SH-worthy? Any good ideas for the team or for modders? Post it here!

Here’s one I’ve been saving:

Millstone

This millstone’s actually from the Jameson distillery. Nice shape to it, all bound together with metal rings.

I have some recent castle pics as well, but I can’t find them. I’ve noticed there are ‘smooth’ and ‘rough’ castles, in which the rough ones are built with broken stone pieced together and glued in place with tons of mortar, while the smooth ones are accurately-cut stone blocks that fit in with small mortar gaps.

So, anyways…
Any cool pics you’d like to share? :smile:

1 Like

Here is a castle.

It is the real-world Masyaf Castle, The home of the Assassin’s in Assassin’s Creed.

2 Likes

Some inspiration for @DaniAngione :smile:

5 Likes

What is that from!? It looks awesome!

1 Like

I think its the temple of Emetos, the god of having drunk too much :stuck_out_tongue:

No idea what is it, actually. I saw it in a chive album
But yeah… Stone face carved into the cliffside drooling into a waterfall pool next to a temple = mega awesome!

1 Like

2 Likes

Let’s wait for water mechanics and I promise you I’ll do that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow, I recognize it from my last trip to Florida. :wink: Hopefully that doesn’t cheapen the awesomeness. The “ride” itself, Poseidon’s Adventure, is a haunted mansion with an Indiana Jones overtone. Their spinning water portal is pretty cool.

2 Likes