Pepe's little voxel & board game corner :]

I keep repeating myself, but awesome work :blush:. Very detailed and recognizable even without painting.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what it all looks like after you’re all done.

on a related note, perhaps @Pepe can explain what this campaign is all about?

The challenge now is how will you paint them now? with a steady hand or another amazing contraption? Also Fantastic job my Good boy your a Game Master!!! Keep this up!!! :smile:

thanks a lot for sharing this KS campaign sir, this looks really interesting. i like the concept but i don’t like the characters and somehow i’m missing the “real” game aspect… of course u can playing around with some predefined parameters and order then a semi-custom 3d printed figure but for me that’s not a game.

@KingMooCow thanks a lot, yeah steady hand for now i will share the pictures of the painted pieces later on. but i guess in the end it should be done with a colored 3d print as not many will have the nerves to paint all their figures by hand (besides all the miniature wargaming nerds like me…)

Minecraft is soaking up all the spare time atm but a new board game related update will follow soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i was gone for a few months and i came back to all this?!?!? why did i ever leave! this is amazing pepe keep up the awesome work!

I do believe its Time for Pepe to get even more Interweave/Internet Points for his hard work and dedication towards the Community so Que @SteveAdamo :clap:
Also Pepe Forgot to ask but will there be a customize idea integrated were you could get New Kingdoms like a possible purple faction or like you’ll be able to get different settlers?

I’m not sure why we haven’t bestowed a title upon @Pepe yet …

@SteveAdamo - Moderator’s Assemble!

@Pepe Keeper of worlds, Creator of things

7 Likes

oh, i likes… i likes a lots… :+1:

i’m feeling imminent title changage…

Modeling made pepe very happy,
His things just filled him with glee,
When everyone did vote,
He did not gloat,
That his posts were the best… SERIOUSLY!

A poem by ProfessorCrafter

5 Likes

welcome aboard @Prof_Crafter! :smile:

interesting take on a first post… gets a :+1: from me…

2 Likes

Yay finally some more stuff to share about my board game! I’m way behind with updating the blog due some (…well how should i put this) serious distractions… Minecraft i’m looking at YOU! :wink: Nevertheless the game itself is developed a lot further and i can’t wait to reveal more.

update:

NEW BOARD RENDERINGS

So after quite some time of silence here i wanted to give you an insight on the further progress on our board game design. I’m not sure if i can keep up with the pace we develop our game, so updating the dev-blog will have some gaps in documenting our progress but the important milestones and ideas i’ll try to share. If you’d like to get to know more on a specific element, just let me know.

I made some larger board maps in Qubicle Constructor and rendered them in MAX 3DS. As working on the visualization of these maps i was thinking it should be possible to make some kind of digital map editor with this kind of tile system i have so far. I was thinking about this idea over the day and i already have some nice ideas so i’m looking forward to define more of this concept idea soon.

On the other hand i was on the look out for a software solution to do wireframe & diagramming designs. I’m pretty sure i will need to work with some kind of program that allows me to design quick and easy a lot of graphic content like tiles, boxes, icons, markers, text and stuff like that. So after narrow down the field i was in the end where i was expecting to land as a OSX user: Omni Graffle by omnigroup.
First of all, it’s quite expensive as you get similar software for free…but Omni Graffle does it all just perfect! It’s easy to use, has a very well designed UI and has tons of adjustment options. And i really like it if a program can deliver me fast results but i still have the options and control over my designs in the way i want to show them and not in the way as the program pre-defines the look & feel of my graphics. Besides that, i’m an avid Omni Focus user so i did know what i had to expect from omnigroup. Still you really don’t have to get such expensive software for prototyping in board game design, you even can go with MS Paint & Word and there also a plenty of well done solutions out there, also pretty good web or app based solutions for doing wireframe designs.

-> New Board Renderings | Gnarly Root Games

8 Likes

i am thrilled you’re still perusing this board game (your skills are being put to excellent use here)… and the progress is very promising! :+1:

seeing those mockups just makes me more excited for the SH alpha as well, so … win win! :smile:

These models, both virtual and physical look amazing, can’t wait to see the final piece - Nice job!

@Pepe loving the update as usual!

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I’m struggling to remember if it has or not!

How do you envisage the game being played? I imagine it’s something you’re still working out? But any general ideas?

i thought for sure it was touched on in @Pepe’s posts here, but a quick scan doesnt reveal as much… it was still fun to hop over to his site though, and progress through the blog posts (which correlate to his updates here) to see how the design and concept have evolved since Sep…

http://gnarlyroot.com/under-construction-there-will-be-more/

great work :thumbsup:

I know you enjoy 3D printing objects. I thought you might like this.

What makes Robox better?

** When we began to design Robox, we set a target R.R.P. of <£1000 with an emphasis on very high specifications and product quality from the outset. By utilising mass manufacturing techniques and in-depth part sourcing we’ve driven the price of professional 3D printing right down. We think you’ll agree – that’s a whole lot of functionality for an amazing price!

Link to the video.

Quick question, Will users be allowed to sell their game pieces to others to use?

Could we have collectible pieces?