Pear Cacti in Rows Issue

Summary:
Placing pear cacti in rows next to each other can cause a couple of issues.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place a number of pear cacti in rows immediately next to each other. This can lead to a couple of scenarios / outcomes

a. Even though it appears there is enough space between the cacti to allow harvesting you cannot harvest the ones with no access to the outside of the grid (see screenshot)

b. If you are placing a large number of cacti at the same time it is possible for hearthlings to become trapped inside the grid, and in some cases they end up on top of the cactus and need to be rescued.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 20 (x64)

System Information:
Windows 10

1 Like

berry bushes and cacti have the same 3x3 hitbox, so you have to leave a gap between them so that hearthlings can walk between them, if you put them so there hitboxes are touching then hearthlings won’t be able to walk between them.

All you have to do is spread them out a bit more

1 Like

Hmmm the Screenshot Shows The blocked? When yes The Region could be false… Normally this should be enough space…

I will Check it in the next days

Like Freedom said, just empty the third row and put those into the fifth row.

ok i have checked it … both the bush and the pear have the same regions … and yes they are very big … so i will make them smaller and then ask radiant ^^

edit: ok the reason is the hearthlings need enough voxel to move or they will stuck - so nope no smaller … max larger to you can make the thrid row xD

Thanks for the prompt replies. :slight_smile: Just an observation. You may wish to increase the width of the cactus graphic just so its a little bit more obvious they take 3x3 and not 2x2. Not a big issue but nice if its quick to accomplish.