Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

Hey, uh @Pandemic… You’ve got some weird, floaty… white thing in your graveyard. And I don’t think that’s a ghost. Unless it’s a really, really deformed ghost.

Also, it might just be me, but the way the fence units meet up at the stairs make it seem busy/dense. Did you intentionally put the fence posts adjacent to the corner pieces, or was that just how laying the pieces out ended up?

6 Likes

Personally I don’t see a ghost there, but 2 tombstones and a cross.
That makes more sense with the mausoleums.

3 Likes

I had to stop working unexpectedly before I took the image, those are the untextured gravestones I’ll be using.

4 Likes

@Pandemic Have you ever thought about looking into real time scenes like in UE4 or Unity? Also, can you give me some insight into your design philosophy when designing scenes and models.

I do have alot of ideas for stuff like that, I’m just not all that familiar with 3D asset creation outside of qubicle. Once I have time I’ll be learning more on it or when I have a better PC so it run better and is just more enjoyable. I tried using Unity for my renders before but my computer isn’t all that shiny.

As far as my design philosophy, I try to stick to the same stuff the dev team does. Just they make the rules for the style I just simulate it. Really it’s just as simple as if I have an idea I draw it and add stuff and alter as I go. No set plan or order. If this didnt help feel try to be more specific :slight_smile:

4 Likes

UPDATE:

So, I have discovered a deadzone for me. Graveyards. I have no clue what it is, I just can’t get inspired to do one. It just seems so plain and boring no matter what kinda spin I put on it. I’m still gonna do an undead one but it’ll probably never be in a graveyard.

Until I actually come up with something I feel like doing in a render that I have a solid idea on, I’m gonna try to get some more animation practice in. I’ve been working and I might also do a Render in the animation environment cause it’s pretty so far.

13 Likes

a pity… perhaps you could try making the undead render be in a catacomb rather then graveyard, though i guess that would be kinda weird…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that is commendable…

The render teaser is looking really awesome, the wall colors are so vibrant. I’m guessing those jugs are from FEP.

1 Like

Wait a second…

Is it me, or twas that an unintentional pun?

2 Likes

Nope! Everything in that image aside from the hanging cloth is from Stonehearth :smiley: It’s Potter Stuff!

No… that was an intentional pun :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thing are moving :smiley:

7 Likes

As in… progressing???

Or as in… jiffing?

[size=9](Or more?!?!)[/size]

1 Like

As in once I finish my awesome looking mascot will be jumping over those crates and possibly fashionable doing a faceplant if I feel like being funny.

3 Likes

Sounds great! Can’t wait to see it in action :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I KNOW RIGHT! Just need to get the patience and knowledge to make it flow right…

4 Likes

UPDATE:

Got a new render idea :stuck_out_tongue: More details later!

This update is about my dream project.

This is a really WIP logo for People With Swords. Been trying to get the lettering right for months with no avail. This would be the closet I’ve gotten.

The Project isn’t dead. That’s a promise :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Also, when ever you hear the term “people with swords” you know someone’s going to get themselves hurt.

4 Likes

What is this mysterious Project you speak of?

1 Like

An animated series based off of stonehearth pandemic has been planning for a loooooooooong time.

1 Like

Long time is an understatement. Had this story in my head for the past 13 years. I was 9 years old, when this concept first popped into my mind :slight_smile: Been refining ever since!

Finally think I got a good idea for the trailer, and just need time for make the stuff for it and learn some new stuff! Then hopefully I can FINALLY get started

5 Likes