Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

i cant tell if he is helping the goblins and laying siege or if he is protecting. i feel like he is laying siege and is now done and just watching his army fight :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s his ā€œWow, that looks cool - I should totally make a render of that when I get homeā€ face.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This was intended. I am SO glad people are seeing it for what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

UPDATE:

So, I have a few ideas for renders so I figured Iā€™d just let you guys choose which order they go in.

Decided Order:

1. BuckBuck
  2. A Whole New World Part I
  3. Graveyard
  4. Campfire Story
  5. The Goblin Thief Adventure Part II

So, Buckbucks were in the latest update so they will be first! I was kinda surprised at the results to be fully honest. I thought for sure Goblin Adventure would come first but I was sorely disappointed. Iā€™ve already done a majority of work on Graveyard and A Whole New World Part 1, so after I finished BuckBuck I will be releasing the next 2 in quick succession.

6 Likes

UPDATE:

So, Iā€™ve not updated in a few days so I think this will be needed :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been working a lot on 3 different renders at the SAME time! Hereā€™s what I got so far:

Buckbucks :smiley: Well they arenā€™t in yet but they will be! I wanted it to be on a farm because I can make loads of shenanigans there. Scarecrow making another appearence, along with the official wheat model :stuck_out_tongue:

This one will be released first if i donā€™t release all of them at the same time.

Now the Graveyard. I wanted to do another undead render because there are just so many ways to do it. made a few gravestones, and the dirt in front of them. I REALLY wanted to do a necromancer but I accidentally deleted the remade one I did long way back and the official one isnā€™t out. The Wall may become acquireable as a fence in FEP in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I always wondered what the villagers would do if the player wasnā€™t there to instruct themā€¦ Thatā€™s what youā€™ll see in this one. Nothing really to say on this oneā€¦

And thats the update. Let me know if you have ideas or concerns, Iā€™m gonna keep working :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow, your ambition on taking three projects on is awesome.

Iā€™m really excited for the first one, your other farm one was one of my favorite and this one is looking to go in the same direction.

4 Likes

Let me tell you what I think of each one:

The Farm:
Neato! Guess you wonā€™t have to do too much work on it until the BuckBuck models are in the game!

The Graveyard:
My only issue is that all the graves look identical to the ones theyā€™re next to. You should randomize it a bit!

No Player:
Realistically speaking, this is what would happen:
Sit around during day.
Light campfire
Sit around the campfire
Sleep on ground
Wake up

Wash, rinse, repeat until starvation.

But hey, what you do could be different, and Iā€™m excited to see if it is different!

They are in the game.

I plan to move the crosses up and the default ones down

2 Likes

Wait, they are? Huh.

they are in the game files. possibly find able in-game, but i think he just meant the files.

3 Likes

I know, but I didnā€™t even expect their files to be accessible at this moment.

1 Like

Niether did I, I usually sift through every update for the colors but I saw they were there and figured that was awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

well if theyā€™re coming in A 12 as i suspect, and most of the code is done, i guess it kinda makes sense to just put them in the files right now.

2 Likes

UPDATES:

Patreon users can now see The Whole New World Render over on the Patreon page! At 11AM EST I will be releasing it here for public consumption!

the reason for releasing the WNW instead of Buckbucks first ( They are Buckbucks. donā€™t say they arenā€™t >:( ) is that I want that one to be as good as it can. So I finished WNW and released it instead while trying to get this creative block out of the road :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Buckbucks? Whatā€™s that?

1 Like

Itā€™s like a Piyo, but not.

1 Like

buckbucks were the forefathers of the modern day poyoā€™s

1 Like

I donā€™t care how hard Team Radiant tries, I will be calling them Buckbucksā€¦

In other news, Iā€™m going to take this opportunity to apologize once again about my inability to support your brilliant work on Patreon.

1 Like

RELEASE!

So, This series of rendersā€¦ yes a series, This is Part I. This series of renders will be focusing on a group of villagers who donā€™t have the support and direction of the players. I sat in game for about 2 hours just watching what they would do without the playerā€¦ they did nothingā€¦ So I decided lets make loads of jokes and see if I can make this ill fated village somehow turn into something awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

So, as you can see only the one guy has figured out what to do so farā€¦ the other guys are just thinking they messed upā€¦ especially the guy in the backā€¦ He doesnā€™t look like heā€™s having the best time :stuck_out_tongue:

Now in the gameplay context they picked a bad spot to start a city, they decided on a place with no food. Which is problematic. It was REALLY nice to have a simple concept that I couldnā€™t go wild on the details with like the temple or city raid. The next one will either be the Graveyard or the Buckbuck (Poyo for those who are currently hereby grounded :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hope you enjoy the next one shouldnā€™t be too far off :slight_smile:

16 Likes

This would be your funniest render yet, if it werenā€™t for the two tombstones, and the fact you have exactly 5 other peopleā€¦ oh well! Still pretty funny regardless! Iā€™d love to see this place show up in ā€œpeople with swordsā€ as well! Keep up the great work!
(Also, maybe some caravans will hopefully take pity on this ā€œvillageā€ and help them survive!)

4 Likes