Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

I use Blender Rended, it’s simpler but takes a little longer to get the results but i dont need to do texture work cause the mtl file works on it.

I know, but Cycler as the realistic Shadows what i want to try out

does .mtl just Not work At All? in cycler?

I can’t say for certain, I have no experience with Cycles. I’m sure there’s a way.

1 Like

i think i have an idea, but i’ll have to test it.

if it works i’ll tell you! maybe it’ll come handy to you!

1 Like

Been working alot on my large project, hopefully I’ll have something fun to show you guys :). In terms of the goblin render I need to start over :confused: some of the models in Blender keep having parts with different opacity so some parts are translucent when they arent meant to be (but it’ll be a fun tool when I find out how to make it go off and on :slight_smile: ) so until I get that figured out I wont be doing that one.

7 Likes

So, I found myself a new job :). Lucky for me It’s Dayshift so I’ll be able to catch the livestreams and other fun stuff along with doing my own stuff afterwards. :smiley: Thats always good

9 Likes

Congratulations! May I ask what you will be doing?

Great news :smile:

Sadly nothing remotely enjoyable, but it’s a job and where I live I can’t afford to be picky. Though it’ll give me the time I need to make mods and fun art stuffs Stonehearth related and otherwise.

OH, and for those PC builder out there I’m building my own PC within the next 3 months!

This is my current Partlist: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/X2mVRB

If you guys have any suggestions or if something isn’t optimal for $1000 budget ASIDE from the case, please let me know I want to make sure I can do some streaming and my usual qubicle and blender work on it, so keep that in mind.

4 Likes

So you’re a runway model??

Factory Worker :confused: Not very keen on the idea of it but it pays my bills.

3 Likes

If it pays your bills and gives you plenty of free time in the evening, I say make the most of it. :+1:

Hope to see this ‘large project’ soon!

2 Likes

UPDATE HOLY #^%!@*$^ I DID IT!

I’ve been trying to convert from Blender’s Internal Render engine aka Blender Render to it’s newer Cycles Renderer forever! Today FINALLY I managed to figure out how to do it! My issue was to use Qubicles native texture file aka the .mtl files with the .obj files that was with them. I figured it out through a plugin someone directed me to so now I’m back on track with the renders and the goblin one should be out within the week :smiley:

Preview:

LOOK AT THAT! IT’S SO PRETTY!

10 Likes
3 Likes

YES JUST LIKE THAT! Lol

We need an animation of a goblin doing a dance while that music plays now…

1 Like

Give me a few weeks, I’m totally down to do it.

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting.

Awesome work, Pandemic! Might I suggest something along the lines of a Steel-Armored Footman on the opposing side of the picture? and then have a Hearthling and Goblin Town in the background on there respective sides. With Goblins and Footman fighting behind the Commander/Chieftain? That’d be pretty cool.

I have an idea for a wallpaper myself that I’m in the process of preparing 3D Models for.

Currently the early ones like the current and skeleton one is just me learning new lighting and rigging processes and putting them in action, once I have a decent understanding of the lighting, rendering and processes used I’ll be doing more complicated scenes. As for this one, It’ll be a “daily life in the goblin camp” type deal

EDIT: To avoid double posting I’ll just put this here…

Continuing to experiment with Cycles, learning fast thanks to some help from Youtube and other sources (Yay Internet). Got a lighting pass down along with a change of perspective and the fire pit.

Rendering Time for Preview: 1 hour and 37 minutes

7 Likes

Alright, I’m just rendering out the Goblin Render Final after which I’ll splatter the Stonehearth game logo on it and release it to you fine people. I’m going to leave topics open for renders, so if you have one suggest it. Try not to be too obvious cause in all likelyhood I’m already concepting for it, Like a battlefield and such.

Rules and Restrictions:

1. Models must be easy to create, or already available through vanilla game or mods
  2. Must be simple enough to make creation easy but be able to contain a whole picture
  3. Modded ideas but be approved by Mod Author or be suggested by author.

IF your idea doesn’t fit in or you want a render for your mod then feel free to ask, I’ll contact you for joint concept discussions.

I’ll also be doing display pictures like the one I have now but MUCH prettier, these will be available for anyone. With the same rules as the render backgrounds but with the added rule:

1. If the display picture is of a custom model, a detailed description of model must be given to streamline model creation.

If these take off who knows I might be able to cash in on it but I won’t for the time being. As of this post the Goblin Render will take 3hrs to render out which mean it’ll be out tonight… scratch that, had wrong settings. Tommorow morning if we’re lucky… scratch that rendering isn’t going smoothly, gotta figure it out :confused:

4 Likes